Say You Love Me

Another bustling day in the city of Zootopia. From a bird's eye view, you can see animals of different kinds roaming around the streets worrying about their own problems. Even though the city was quite busy, the Zootopia police headquarters was rather mellow today. In that building was of course Judy Hopps, the ZPD's best and first bunny cop. She was currently catching up on paperwork that needed to be done at 7:30 today. While typing away, she didn't suspect her sneaky, but trustful partner to pop out and scare her.

Nick slowly inched in and when he was finally centimeters away from the unknowing bunny, he popped out like a jack in the box while whispering out "boo."

Judy jumped out of her seat instantly! Looking back she saw Nick Wilde snickering deviously.

"Ugh, Nick! What was that for? You know I have work to finish," Judy said a bit annoyed.

"Well I couldn't help it, you looked so cute when you're hard at work so I just had to surprise you," Nick replied smoothly with his signature smirk.

"cheese and crackers there he goes again calling me cute," Judy thought to herself, blushing. Even though she hated being called cute, for some reason when Nick teasingly called her that she couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed even though it's supposed to be degrading.

Judy shook her thoughts away. "Nick you shouldn't call me cute, you should know that by now."

Nick chuckled a little at her sentence. Judy pouted a bit at that. After chuckling it slowly faded and Nick's usually sly demeanor turned serious. He then looked into Judy's now wide and a bit concerned eyes.

"... Judy the real reason I surprised you was because I didn't want to do what I actually planned on doing."

"What is it Nick?" The bunny asked with a curious tone now.

Nick didn't answer, instead he kept quiet for a few moments, keeping his thoughts to himself. After what seemed like an eternity, he finally sighed and spoke.

"Say you love me..Judy"

Huh..HUH!? Did he just say what I think he just said!? He's joking right, RIGHT?? Oh my goodness Oh my goodness! Judy yelled in her thoughts. Why would he ask her that out of nowhere? She felt her face start heating up. All of this is happening so fast.

Finally Judy calmed her inner thoughts and spoke up. "Uhmm.. Nick..why?" Judy questioned, trying her hardest not to stumble on her words.

"I know it sounds a bit.. Well weird but it's just that I need to know that you love me" Nick replied, trying not to make his voice show his nervousness.

Judy scoffed at his ridiculous statement. He should know by now that she loves her crime fighting partner. He constantly reminded her by saying," you know you love me." Which she almost always replies," Do I know that? Yes, yes I do." Thinking about this, Judy felt a little less embarrassed. She was honestly baffled by his question.

"Jeez Nick come on. You already know that!" Judy said punching his arm softly while chuckling in relief.

Nick frowned at her words, his serious expression not faltering in the slightest." Judy please, you say that but you have NEVER said it directly to me. I mean, sure the first couple of times it was fine but we've been through so much. Last month I saw--" Nick was starting to choke up. Judy saw him and realized what he was talking about. Her usually perky ears drooped down. She knew he was definitely not joking now.

"I saw you get shot.. It was terrifying seeing your body hit the ground and in pain... You almost dying made me realize how much I want to know that you Really Love me. Yes you say you do but I want to hear the actual words from you because...I can't help but feel like you don't actually."

Judy thought for a moment. It's true about what Nick said. She has never actually said the "I love you" sentence. But he really shouldn't be doubting her love. Though she will admit that she should've taken him seriously the first time. Wow... Nick is really serious about this. I didn't think that he could actually be this serious about a topic like this...

Nick stared hard at Judy's thinking face. Judy finally realized this, and quickly came back to reality.

"Okay Nick... I'll say it... But only if you say it too," Judy said, her voice sounding a bit shy.

"Fine carrots, I will." Replied Nick.

Judy nodded and opened her mouth to let the words out. For some reason though when she tried to let the words through, they weren't coming out. Come on Judy, how hard is it to say I love you? It's literally just a three word phrase! Come on it's not THAT embarrassing. But it was. It wasn't like she didn't love Nick, but for some reason this situation was causing her to make her feel butterflies in her stomach.

Judy did her hardest to calm herself. She took some deep breaths and gave herself some reassuring thoughts to make her go through with it. With one final deep breath she spoke out:

"Nick Wilde I... I l-love you!"

Oh no, she didn't expect it to come out as a yell. The office could have heard her. She began to panic a little until she remembered Nick was in front of her. She looked intently into his eyes, searching in them to see what thoughts were going through his mind right now. She examined his features now as well. His mouth was agape a bit in surprise, but his expression was blank. He finally blinked a couple of times until he sighed in relief. Judy felt a little better when he did that. He then started inching closer to her slowly. Judy watched him come closer, but when she noticed that his hand crept up to hold her chin up she began to feel her face heat up again. His face was getting closer and closer to hers. His soft breaths can be heard crystal clear now, not helping Judy feel more comfortable in the slightest. The Bunny's heart was racing now, what was he going to do?

"love you too, Judy Hopps."

Nick then backed off chuckling slightly. He was back to his normal self again although Judy was still very flustered. He called her by her real name, so his remark felt even more genuine.

Nick went back into his cool façade. Striding his way out of her office he said,"Thanks carrots, Really. Now you get your fluffy little tail back to work!"

Judy just huffed at his snarky voice and felt very agitated and flabbergasted that Nick was such a tease.