The Grimaldi's: Interrogation

The Grimaldi’s: The Interrogation

David, Colleen, JT and Maggie were all sitting at the girl's bedside. Their hearts and minds were deadset on hearing what she had to say about Lily Valencia. They waited until the girl woke from her immortal slumber, with questions and demands on their side. Every vampire in that small bedroom held their breath and tensed their bodies. There was no way that they were going to leave that room until they had answers.

The girl's lids fluttered open. She blinked a few times, trying to gather her vision. She took long breaths. Her boney hands went to her throat and stroked the soreness that was there. She winced at her own touch and looked up to see every set of bright colored eyes. Indigo, bright sky blue and green. She clutched the blanket closer to her chin, shaking with fear. She couldn't get her words out as they were stuck somewhere deep inside of her. She opened her mouth to force out a scream, but David's fatherly voice immediately stopped her.

"It's okay little one. You'll be fine."

Her breath was quivering. She tried numerous of times to get it even. Her eyes shifted from face to face, trying to find a familiar one. She looked down at the blanket that was covering her and swallowed hard.

"Where am I?" The question was directed to David. He smirked and sat on the edge of the bed. She cowered closer to the head of the bed, curling her legs underneath her.

"You're safe."

She stared at him, wide and confused. She could hear her heart beat loud like African drums in her ears. It was strong. Stronger than it was just a few hours before. She frowned, then cleared her throat.

"Who are you?"

"My name is David Grimaldi. This is my wife, Maggie, my daughter Colleen and her boyfriend Justin Tenny. We call him JT. We are people like you. What's your name?"

The girl tried to swallow, but the tender soreness of her healed wound stopped her. She glanced at David who was still waiting for her answer.

"Phyllis." she said.

"Phyllis." David whispered.

He chuckled. "Well Phyllis, nice to meet you. I'm glad we know your name."

"What's going on?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you all just standing there? What do you want from me?"

David turned to look at his family who stood behind him, silent. He turned his attention back on Phyllis and sighed.

"We were all wondering if you could remember what happened to you last night."

Phyllis looked down, frowning hard. She ran a shaking hand through her thin dark hair. Everyone sat in silence, waiting for her answer.

"I-I think I do. I remember. I saw-" she paused, then looked up at JT. She tilted her head, then continued.

"I saw a girl. No older than me. Seventeen or eighteen maybe. She was walking down the street alone. I was not far behind. She had long curly dark brown hair and skin as pale as a ghost. She stood under a light against a wall, waiting for something. I walked up to her and asked her if she was waiting for someone. She looked at me with those unforgettable, horrid eyes. Black. Pitch black. I moved away from her, but her hand grabbed my arm. She was strong, and her skin was so cold. My heart was beating so fast. She pulled me closer and covered my mouth so I couldn't scream. I fought with her in the darkness of the night until I couldn't anymore. She whispered in my ear. Her cold breath sent chills down my spine. She said: "They will come for you." Then I felt a sharp unwanted pain on my neck. I felt my blood leave my body, as heat went in. She left me and ran. My body was burning. I knew I was going to die, but I was much more afraid of dying alone. My head was on fire and my wound was gushing blood. I swear I could feel my soul seep from my body."