2.0 Zero_Chapter 2: Sunlight

The first thing I saw when I woke up was the sunlight pouring through the treetops.

Guess it worked huh? I smiled.

I picked myself up and stretched. I smiled again as I imagined what Mr.Smith must be going through right now, but I quickly put that thought out of my mind.

This was my world now. There was no point in thinking about that place anymore.

The first thing I decided to do was to check whether my character, or rather, my new body was exactly as I had planned.

I looked at my hands, checked all of my joints and did a few stretches to make sure everything was working properly. I also inspected the purple robes that I was wearing over a set of simple leather armor.

Status, I thought.

A translucent, purple screen appeared in front of me.

Let's see, Kai Zero...16 years old...Male...wow, these stats are ridiculously low. Level 5, really?

I chuckled. I would probably be pretty ordinary if it wasn't for what was written in the "Abilities" section.

'Re:Write', the ability to rewrite anything and everything in this world. Hehe, guess this is the biggest cheat code ever right?

I laughed, probably a bit too loudly, but well, it felt good to let go of all the shit I was going through back on Earth. Here on 'Erath', I was finally free to do whatever I wanted.

Oh, 'Erath'? Yeah well, I made this game when I was eleven and I was never good with names either so yeah, this world is called 'Erath'.

I scrolled down the screen with a thought.

Let's see, the 'Skills' section is empty but... Ah, the debug button is here too, perfect!

In the lower right corner of the screen was a small red button with a "D" written on it. The debug button activates the debugger application that I developed to save time while debugging games. The Re:Write ability changes things through the system but the debugger changes them through an alternative application. I only included it to save time in case any bugs pop up in the game because even though I could probably fix them with Re:Write, that would mean rewriting the code directly and that would take a lot of time.

Alright then, now I just have to make sure that everything is working properly. Let's start with these crappy stats.

I closed my eyes and focused.

I didn't really have to do that but since Re:Write worked based on my thoughts, I decided to do it properly for now.

I just have to think about what I want to change and how I want to change it...

However, to help myself focus, I decided to think of the code along the lines of:

<re:write.target.effect>

<re:write.self.change stats to max>, I thought.

There was no energy ripple nor any bright, flashing lights, but I knew it'd worked as I felt a surge of power flow through me. I checked my status and as expected, my HP and MP were at 9999, my Attack, Defense, Speed, Vitality and Intelligence were all at 999 and my level was also at 999.

These were the highest possible stats in the game.

Good. Although the ability could have given me stats higher than the maximum stats in the game, it correctly interpreted "maximum stats" to mean "the maximum stats possible in the game" which was my real intention. So it really does work based on my thoughts and not the words I use to express them.