MattxMello: Waiting

These two character are made from a Magna called "Death Note." It's really popular and it's really good. As you can see, my profile picture is BB (Beyond Birthday) and he wasn't IN Death Note BUT he was mentioned. He's like another side of L and that's why I love him. Anywho, Matt and Mello are kind of alike but different at the same time. If you read or watch "Death Note", learn what they do most of the time and it makes you wonder...why the hell don't they exist in this world?!? THESE ARE SPOILERS! ONCE AGAIN SPOILERS! NOT EDITED.  Watashi no yūjin in Japanese. Enjoy this fluffy story!

~~~

The yellow light glowed on them as they sat on the bench and waited. The red head, Matt, wanted to punch his friend, the blonde head, Mello. He thought he was stupid for dragging him outside so they could watch a movie. Outside. When they first got out, Matt wanted to crawl in a hole of darkness and play any device that made him happy. He wasn't too fond of the outside world nor the social world. He only talked to Mello, Near, L, and Watari.

Well, used to talk to Watari. After the death of Light, or Kira, they were happy. They thought they could be a family. But that came a sudden hault when Watari died from a heart attack while trying to capture Misa. L didn't want to work anymore, Near burned his dolls, Mello stopped eating, and Matt was trying to help them. He threw his PSP at a wall after he heard the death and cried for hours. Matt jumped when he heard a noise and relaxed when he saw a mouse in the tracks. He tapped his white sneaker, looking around for the train to come. He was bored, pissed, and tired. His PSP died so he was bored as fuck.

"I should've brought my Game Boy," he muttered. Mello rolled his eyes and checked his phone. There wasn't a signal and his battery was dying.

"Fucking great," he groaned and put his phone back in pocket.

"This is your fault," Matt sneered.

"How is this my fault? I just wanted to hang out with my friend, my amigo, Watashi no yūjin," Mello almost screamed.

Matt sighed. Mello was sensitive about friends and anything that bothers him.

They stayed silent for a few minutes when Mello asked, "I'm glad you're okay."

That caught Matt off guard. Mello wasn't the one to be all soft and stuff. He was usually soft about his candy but that stopped after...

Matt shook his head and put his attention on Mello. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Mello licked his dry lips, questioning if he should continued. He wasn't sure if Matt would take this nor him seriously.

"You got shot, Matt and I thought you were dead. I-I don't know how I would live myself without you." Mello wiped his cheek when the tears came. He was tired. He wanted things to go back where they were. He missed eating, he missed Near being a creep, he missed L shoving sweets down his throat, and more importantly, he missed Watari.

Matt frowned. "You know exactly how to live yourself. You wouldn't be eating, you would be blaming yourself for my almost death, and you would be crying and shouting for me to come back. Look, I'm not saying this because I'm mean, but get your life together."

Mello blinked a few times. He didn't expected that. He expected some chessy line from the movies, telling him it's not your fault or I'm sorry. Not a freaking speech about man up and forget. He wasn't sure if he should be angry or relief. On the other hand, Matt felt like punching his own face. He didn't mean to snap like that. He...he just wanted his best friend back.

"I thought you were dead, too. After the explosion, I thought it was the end of you and I wouldn't be able to bother you anymore," he mumbled.

He carved for a cigarette. Matt put his right leg on top of the bench, showing his white boxer, and let his left leg tangle. He leaned his back on the wall and sighed, his breath showing in the air. Great. The train wasn't coming, his PSP died, and he was going to freeze in the cold weather. This is why he didn't want to go outside.

Mello put his right leg on top of his left and put his back to the wall. His tears made his cheeks cold, a red tint showing. Mello looked at Matt who was looking straight ahead. His green eyes glowed, his brown shined, and his lips were in the a straight line. It got like that when he was bored or pissed. Mello looked down and felt his eyes dropping. Matt ran a hand through his hair and put his head on the wall. 

"You SO owe me, Mello. I hate it when you take me outside. Shit like this happens and we have to wait for a stupid train when we could take my car. God, sometimes I wanna-"

He looked over at Mello who had his head tangling, snoring lightly. Matt couldn't help but smile when he saw his blonde friend sleeping. His blonde hair covering his eyes that were closed, and his lips parting sometimes. Matt reached for Mello's face, brushing a strand of hair away from him. Mello stirred and his head dropped on Matt's shoulder. He froze when he saw Mello mouth open but relaxed when he yawned.

Slowly, Matt put his arm around Mello's shoulder and pulled him closer. He felt his breathing on the gape of his neck. Mello slide down a little bit and Matt felt himself falling asleep. He couldn't go asleep. He had to watch if the train would come. In the back of his mind, he knew the train wasn't going to come and pick them up. Matt made a choice to wake up Mello and walk to their home. Matt looked down and saw the young and innocent Mello. He made another choice and just let his friend sleep on him.

Matt moved his eyes back and forth and checked his watch every five minutes. Mello was mumbling things under his breath, Matt was getting colder and colder, and the train hasn't come yet. Matt stared at Mello because he was bored and he couldn't stop looking at the face of cuteness. Matt traced Mello's scar with his finger tip and without knowing, he placed a sweet kiss on the big scar. Then he moved and placed a tender kiss on his lips.

"If you wanted to kiss me, just do it."

Matt jumped back, but didn't let go of Mello. Mello had his eyes closed, his breathing slow and steady.

Matt swallowed. "I-I don't know why I did that."

Mello chuckled humorless. "Of course you don't. Nobody could like a monster."

"I don't."

Mello didn't snapped his eyes opened but his face turned twisted. He couldn't believe his ears. How could he reject him so quickly? But he was right. Nobody could like a monster.

"I love a monster."

Before Mello could respond, Matt leaned forward and put his lips on his. Matt could think a thousand of reasons why he thought this was wrong. But he couldn't think a thousands of reasons why it felt so right. It was hard to explain. Matt pulled away and saw Mello eyes closed. He wanted to see his blue eyes but knew he wouldn't. Once Mello's eyes are closed, they would be closed for the rest of the day.

"Y-you shouldn't have done that," Mello whispered sleepily.

"Why not?" Matt whispered sleepily back.

"I won't be able to control myself around you."

"That's okay. At least I have you and a...family."

The word family felt weird and untasteful around his mouth. He thought he wouldn't use that word ever again. He looked at Mello was now sleeping peaceful on him. But after what happened with Mello, he could get used to it. He pecked Mello's red nose and leaned back.

"Matt..."

"Mhmm?"

"The train is broken."

"....You're so lucky I love you."

"...And I'm lucky that I love you too."

~~~

Wow. This was really sweet! I really love MattxMello because they make a great OTP such as LxLight. I might not do them because I can't get a grip on their personalities like I did with Matt and Mello. Anywho, hope you like this! Next will probably be Alan and Ed Sheeran. Give you have a request just PM and I'll get to it!