Taking the boy to the Quarter

Klaus's POV

It was already 3 pm and not a text from Caroline, it's been 45 minutes since I texted her and all she said was that she couldn't talk in that moment. I know that girl's day it's a important ritual to women but I need to know that my angel is safe and sound and that there's no guys trying to flirt with her.

I was in the living room when I start to hear voices coming from the entrance of the Quarter and a few seconds later, I see Caroline with my sister and a young boy with blue eyes and blonde hair.

"I did what was right." Caroline snapped to my sister.

"You need to have a important talk with your wife about not making justice with your own hands." Rebekah said to me and then left to her room.

"What happened?" I asked her and she gave me a nervous smile.

"Sweetie, what do you think about going to the kitchen and eating some chocolate ice cream?" She said really sweetly to the little boy and his face lit up to her idea then went with one of my maids, that Caroline called, to the kitchen.

"So...?" I asked her curious about this boy.

"I need you to promise to be on my side."

"Always..." I said and she took a deep breath before started talking.

"I was getting out of the mall with Bekah when I saw a father beating in his own son. Everyone was seeing without doing a thing and I couldn't let him be there suffering so I put myself on the middle, tried to reason with his father but he didn't care. His father think that he is doing the right thing by beating in his own son and call him coward and when I told him he was a horrible person, he said that he was nothing compared to you and then I got mad and the boy just hold my hand tightly and I took the boy with me. I know that I have no license to adopt him and that this might be illegal by I just couldn't see this boy being beaten by his father and..." she was saying and now was crying and I could see that was because she knew that I suffer by the same thing as this kid so I just hugged her.

"Shhh... it's okay, love. We will figure it out."

"What do you mean?" She asked while cleaning her tears.

"I don't think a kid deserves to be treated like that, maybe we can call the social security and compelled them to let us be in our care." I said and she smiled with her eyes sparkling.

"Seriously? So you don't think that I'm crazy for putting myself in the middle of this all situation?"

"Of course not. You did what everyone was afraid of, you said what was on your mind and you defended your opinion. That's one of the many things I love about you Caroline Mikaelson." I said and she kissed me passionately.

"Thank you for understanding me. I don't know what would be of me without you." She said and I kissed her, then we went to the kitchen so I could meet this little boy like I should.