Happy Endings

Liam's P.O.V. 

I looked at my boys seated on the couch. "Gentleman..." 

"Liam!" They all interrupted. 

I chuckled a bit. "I have sat you all down here for an important reason." I said. They all nodded enthusiastically like dogs. "It has been...." i paused for effect and to check the date on my watch. "3 months since Luke left and Cesi and Jack got hitched. We are all very happy for them. Cam's brother is out of jail and She is now moving to LA to live with Beau." 

"Just get to the point Liam!" Niall yelled. He was particularly fidgety today.

"Alright, Alright. Everyone is taking these spontaneous yet genius measures to be happy and I've decided to ask Lauren to Marry me." 

"WHAT??" They all said in unison. 

"I know it may seem a little sudden but Cesi and Jack were engaged for only a few hours before they got married!" 

"But Cesi and Jack were meant to be. We all knew that from the minute we met them." 

"And Lauren and I aren't?" 

"No you are! It just seems sudden that's all." 

"Thats just the best part that it's sudden! I want to surprise her." I kept telling myself that this was it, that this was going to be my greatest moment. I wasn't trying to convince myself, I knew that it would be, I was just trying to make sure that I was really awake and that this was really happening. I pulled the ring out of my pocket and stared at it for a minute. "Alright boys, I will see you on the other side!" I left the apartment and walked down the street to the little cafe that Lauren was working at. I could see her through the window, laughing as we walked around and helped people, She was so good at that. Helping. God I loved this woman. 

"Hey! Lauren!" I said.

"Hey Baby what are you doing here?" She asked. 

"I uh I have something to ask you." I leaned in really close, getting down on one knee when you are a celebrity in public is generally a bad idea. "Will you Marry me?" I asked. I placed the ring down on her tray and she just stared at it. 

"Yes...

I will marry you."