Chapter 1

"Honey wake up." my mom whispered shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes looking into the eyes of my mother who sat on my bed smiling at me "Happy birthday darling" she smiled hugging me tightly "Oh my god I've waited for this day since you were born my baby girl" she smiled kissing my cheek.

today of course was my birthday the day where i'd turn 16 and learn everything..where i'd be moving to in the state, what kind of wolf i'd be alpha, beta, second in comand and lastly i'd find my special someone....my mate the one i'd love forever the one I'd find my heart explode from my chest just by his love.

"I'm happy to mom" I said hugging her back then getting up putting on my glasses then making my way to the bathroom.

Mom smiled and took that as a clue to leave the room making her exit "Happy birthday Liv" she said then made her way out of my room.

I giggled walking into my huge bathroom stripping down to take a quick shower before I got dressed.

When I was done I walked downstairs to see my parents sitting at the dining room table my mom drinking tea while my dad drank his coffee reading the paper. My big brother moved out 2 years ago after he became a werewolf and now lives in Alaska with The Moonlight Path Pack and his mate/wife Stephanie.

I had loved their relationship, how as soon as Jeremy found Stephanie they moved together like they'd never let go....that's exactly what I wanted.

"Happy birthday honey"I heard dad say as I grabbed an apple.

"Thanks dad" I said biting into the apple "Did Jeremy call today?" I asked as I leaned against the counter looking down at the floor.

"No, he didn't sory hun you know he's busy taking care of the pack" mom said sipping her cup of tea as she read her magazine.

I growled and threw my apple acrossed the kitchen where it splattered against the wall "Bull! he's always busy...Too busy for his own sisters sake"! I yelled grabbing my bag and walking out the door "Don't wait up" I said as I walked out feeling my skin burning.

my wolf was screaming inside of my head in fury that our own brother could give a simple call. I growled myself before taking a deep breath and making my way toured the woods in the back yard. Our house was surrounded with woods as I loved it cause my wolf loved to run a lot.

I went to the middle of the woods taking my bag off my shoulder and setting it on the ground, stripping before putting my clothes in my bag and springing into the air turning into my white wolf.

my wolf was a commodity in the Lyca World my mom used to say because of our special fur. Looking at my fur now, I never really thought of my fur as special I just thought of it as Mine.

I grabbed my bag in my mouth carefully as I started to take off in a sprint. I loved running it was the only way to blow off steam without hurting somebody or worse.

I ran as fast as my small paws could carry me, I turned a corner going toured my town wanting to go the way toured my school. I saw two trees next to eachother and smiled my wolfie smile bounding toured them.

Before I could jump something hit me from my side Really hard, throwing me into a tree where I crumpled onto the ground whimpering.

I felt a strong presence and looked up wanting to cower, there was a black wolf in front of me his stance showing power and anger.

Shift!  I heard him yell in my head, I cowered but stood slowly. He was twice the size as me making me feel vulnerable. But instead I set my bag down showing I would not waver under his authority.

He looked at me probably wondering why such a small wolf was challenging his authority. He stepped forward which made me step back. He growled stepping forward and grabbing me by the scruff of my neck and biting down a little to har making me whine.

this wouldn't hurt usually but I could tell he was a Alpha of some kind making this stance painful.

I said Shift now or i'll kill you, you're on my territory little wolf!   he yelled into my mind letting my scruff go so I could actually breath. I looked up at him and nodded my head. I took my bag behind a tree, at least I had some dignity left. I changed into my human form getting dressed quickly.

I walked back from around the tree seeing a man in front of me, but that didn't surprise me. Most Alphas were male unless they're female and have a lot of Alpha lineage in there family.

I slung my bag over my should, then crossed my arms looking up at him "You're in my Territory little wolf, you better have a good reason" He said his alpha tone high and mighty.

"I...I was on my way to school sir and I wanted to take a shortcut I never realized there was a pack so close to my home before?" I asked looking around the area now being hit by a unfamiliar wolfy smell Wow how couldn't we notice that? my wolf said sounding very dumbfounded.

"Well there is, we just moved here from Alaska you know a change of scenery" he said  crossing his muscular arms against his toned chest.

That sentense gave me some hope "Do you know The Moonlight Pack?" I asked excitedly taking a step forward. He looked at me eyeing my "Yes, I am the Alpha" he said looking around the area.

my eyes widened and now I was ticked "Where are you staying?" I asked him anger building up inside.

"In these woods, my pack in large and likes to keep to itself....most of us will be going to the same school as you probably" he said shrugging lightly then yawning "But anyways if you don't mind I don't care if you take this way to school but Never take it again after this or otherwise i'll be forced to report you to your alpha" he said stretching and starting to walk away.

"How can you report me when I don't have an alpha?" I asked looking at his back as it tensed. He turned toured me looking furious "You are a rouge!" he yelled making his way over to me pinning me straight into a tree.

"No...." I choked "I'm un-packed and Un-mated I just turned 16 today" I swallowed hard meeting his eyes, his eyes were charcole black showing his anger.

All werewolves eyes turn black when they're angry it's how we show our anger or pleasure.

"Oh okay that explains it...I'm sorry for pinning you" he said finally letting me go so I could actually breath "Happy birthday by the way, it's a very special day for you little wolf" he said patting my head "What is your name?"

I smiled at his out of the ordinary kindness "Olivia " I said smiling then bowing showing my respect to this alpha.

"Nice to meet you Olivia, I'm Alpha David" he said then bowed back "Have a wonderful day little wolf" he said then turned his head to the side as a howl echowed through the forrest "Excuse me" he said then took off running throwing himself into his wolf form.

I was left in a daze...

Well at least I know I don't have an alpha as a mate.

also I know my brother is in town and he never let me know of his visit.

I was ticked about this fact.

and you should never tick off a she-wolf she'd beat the heck outta you whether you were family or fo