Synopsis

In a world parallel to ours where magic is reality, mankind is born attached to another soul, tethered together through a bond found in the form of a crystal, located inside of a newborn right close to the flesh where the heart lies. Each crystal is removed and kept with safekeeping, for the day when its twin is found, and two people discover each other as lovers. Because of this, they are known as the Soul Charms.

In this world where magic is reality, it is not uncommon to find those whose crystals grant them energy, the ability to manipulate the rules of the universe. The power always varies, leading to factions using power to control the world, however much good has come from the crystals, powering the world, leading to many advancements ahead of their time.

However, not all is happy in the world. Mankind did not rest easy knowing that their fate and feelings lie in something so earthly, so many rebelled. Wars have been fought against sides that believe true love doesn't exist, those who believe it does without the need for an object, and those who blindly follow the ways of the crystal. Religions and terrorist groups have formed, each with their own ideology about the crystal. The main religion worships the crystal, and seeks to punish those who go against it. Many people seek to hide their charms until they grow to love others. Others simply follow blindly, knowing they shall find their true love someday.

In the current day things are uneasy, as a major group, called True Love, has discovered a secret about the Soul Charms. The Soul Charms are a lie, governed by the Church of Eternal Bonds, not brought by birth but given as part of a plan to control the world. True Love is using all of their energy to reveal the plot of the Church, and to bring about a new world order where love is not governed by an object, but by experiences and shared real connection. Ironically the fate of True Love's mission lies with two people bound by a Soul Charm, Kalem and Cyran, the two people who could have the least in common with each other and the fate of the world.