1: Entering

A violent crash erupted around the corner, approximately 6 feet from where I was standing and the thoughts began to pump through my head again.

I'm going to die I'm going to die I'm going to die this person in my house is going to kill me and hide me and they'll never find me and I'm going to die I'm going to die. Stupid! Naomi invited you over and you were dumb enough to stay in on a Friday night! Now you're gonna die. Congrats, you're dying a virgin.

I started to shake so bad that I almost dropped the knife I had clasped tightly in my frail hands. Trying to breath so that I wouldn't give myself away to the person in my house was extremely difficult and I began to sob. For all I knew, I was dead already. I covered my mouth as small whimpers came out and squeezed my eyes shut. I had two choices at this point.

a) kill the intruder
Or
b) get killed by the intruder

I was still young! I couldn't die now. "Oh god." I whispered through tears. I finally made up my mind. Courage, Ambris, you gotta have courage. I paused, wondering if I was dumb or crazy and decided I was both. Time moved extremely slow for a few seconds, and then the adrenaline bubbled to the tips of my ears. I had to do something, fast. Quickly, but not very intimidatingly, I jumped from around the corner, knife wielded, but only to come across an eerie surprise.

There was no one there. I could've sworn someone was there was a second ago... "Hello?-"

Suddenly, my words were muffled by the hands that snaked around my mouth and waist, leaving me to tremble in fear, the tears falling like streamers down my face. The figure was much larger than I was and had an impossibly strong grip. His breath burned against my neck and I could feel his lips dance on the cartilage of my ear.

"Shhhhh baby girl. Keep quiet. I definitely won't be hurting such a pretty thing as you."