Tonight

Chapter Two

Song of the chapter: All That Matters (Piano Version) {From The Key short film}

Days Left: 199

"H-hello?"

Darkness. That's all I see around me. Complete, eerie, darkness. My hands and feet trembled as I tried to make my way through it but it seemed perpetual. My legs kept taking me somewhere, never slowing down.

Finally, everything stopped and at the end of that darkness, a white figure stood. They had something in their hand, something that seemed like it had a curve to it, almost like a blade. Thats when it clicked in my mind.

"I told you to watch out didnt I ?"

The figure became clearer and clearer every step they took.

"Y-you-"

That's when something piercing went straight through me. I clutched my stomach and took deep breaths as I dropped to the ground.

"Shouldve paid attention to every. Little. Thing."

---

I woke up, sweat all over my face. I was panting and squeezing my stomach tightly. I let go and stared at the plain white ceiling which didnt seem so pearly white anymore, more of a mix of dirty white and grey. I took a deep breath and climbed out of bed, heading towards the bathroom. I didnt care what time it was, I just needed to be awake right now.

I turned on the sink and started to wash my face. I felt a bit better but the nightmare still lingered in my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Every single detail was still so clear to me. The darkness that consumed every ounce of me, the white figure, the pain. Oh, the pain. It was so realistic, like someone had really brought a knife through me. Just thinking about it made me feel sick to my stomach and made me go weak like I was going to die.

I snapped out of my thoughts as my name was being called.

"Brooklyn, you okay ?"

"Huh ?"

"You had the water running for seven minutes straight."

"Oh... I was just lost in my own thoughts..."

"Well, it's only 5:21. Why are you awake so early?"

"Nothing... I couldn't sleep..."

"You don't seem very-"

"Im fine Adam. Just go back to sleep."

"I already woke up.. There's no point in sleeping again. Besides I usually wake up at six."

"Oh."

"Yeah. Well, can you just tell me what's up ?"

"I told you. Nothing's wrong."

"It seems like somethings wrong. A brother's gotta worry right ?"

"Obviously but you worry too much," I reply.

I walk past him and back into my room, pulling my laptop off of my desk. I sat up against the headboard and turned it on, logging into twitter right away. My mentions immediately lit up and I clicked on it.

@justinbieber: @btarmour tonight or tomorrow babe? Your choice.

Can he not ? He's scaring the living shit out of me.