Chapter 17

~~Max's POV~~

I can't believe this is happening, I mean it's great and all but it's nerve wracking really.
After I had been pulled into Ross' office we had a long talk about what we wanted our future to hold... And it was something we both wanted. A kid.

We pull up to the orphanage, I open my car door and close it behind me, facing the huge intimidating building.

"You ready?" Ross asks grabbing my hand, I nod slowly and we enter gulping our fears away.
The lady at the register desk doesn't notice us enter till I ring the bell, she lifts her head slowly then her expression changes to disgust.

"Oh... Another one.." She breaths out grumpily.

"Hello Miss, we'd like to adopt a child, a toddler or baby if that's okay." Ross says confidently.

"Yeah yeah, down the hall and to the left are the little ones, no full on toddlers but 5 to 8 year olds." She says rolling her eyes.

"Thanks." I say, I glare at her as we walk past. I hate homophobic people some times.

We enter the large room full of bouncing excitable children, I'm instantly filled with joy. I fucking love kids.

A little brown haired boy chases after his ball and spots us, he runs across the room and rings a bell. All the kids stop, go back to their beds and giggle in anticipation as we look at each of their smiling faces. Wow, well behaved.

"This is going to be hard to choose..." I whisper to Ross, who nods.

We walk through rows of kids, all waiting to be talked too, to be taken home. It's heartbreaking really. I stop at a black haired boy, I need to talk to someone.

Leaning down to his height I start asking some basic questions.
What's your name?
What do you like to do for fun?
How old are you?
What's your favourite colour?

I ask as many kids as I can these questions but it becomes very boring.

"Psst, Max!" Ross calls, I walk over and see a beautiful little girl, ginger hair, freckles and bright green eyes. Wow she's pretty.

"Hi there!" I coo, she smiles and waves sheepishly.

"Hi... I-I'm Astrid! What's your names?" She asks politely.

"I'm Max, and this is Ross" I say point to each of us.

"How old are you dear?" Ross asks smiling brightly.

"I- I'm 7 going on 8!" She says proudly.

I make a face at Ross, 'so cute!' She suddenly starts staring at us confusingly.

"Umm are you two married?" She asks curiously.

We both choke over our words and blush like crazy, "erm n-no but we are boyfriends" Ross explains.

"I didn't know guys could be with other guys! Can girls do that too?" She asks brightly.

"They sure can!" I say ruffling her hair.

"So, Astrid, what do you do for fun?" Ross asks, we both patiently wait as she thinks for awhile.

"I like too make my friends smile, they get sad because no one adopts them.. So we play mum and dad and we all make each other happy! I like doing that!" She announces after some thought.

"Yep." Ross says looking at me. We both nod.

"Well Astrid... Would you like to live with us?" I ask.

Her eyes brighten, making them look like a vibrant forest.

"Yes, I would love too! But I have to say goodbye to my friends... " She exclaims rushing offer to each of the kids and hugging them, some cry for her while other grin. What an adorable child. She goes up to a phone strapped to the wall and writes down the number for it. She rushes back and points to it.

"Would it be okay if I call my friends every once and awhile?" She asks.

"Of course! You ready to leave Astrid?" Ross asks beaming down at her.

She looks around at her smiling friends, the look of mixed emotions rushing through her. She nods and follows us out.

It's time we start a family.

..... I need to get a ring.