Wizard of Oz (FanFiction)

Anyone who really knows me knows I love WIZARD OF OZ so heres my Fan Fiction

...........................................................................................................................................................................

The Scarecrow had received a brain, the Tinman a heart, and the Lion the nerve and the girl received a home she could always go to. But what happened after the girl left the Land of Oz? Who am I you ask? I’m Emma. I’m Dorothy’s daughter and I have a story to share with you.
When I was a little girl, mom told me the story of the twister that swept her and her dog up in their house and she landed in a land full of munchkins, witches, talking trees and animals and a very smart man who was worshiped and adored in all of the land. I never believed this story until mom died when I was 13. I was left with my great aunt Em and great uncle Henry. I was very quiet after she died. I didn’t really want to talk to anyone. The farmhands, Hunk, Hickory and Zeke, knew my mother very well they said.
“She was a very kind kid,” Hunk told me one day when I was hanging out by the barn. “But I thought after that bump on the head she got after that twister, I didn’t think she’d make it through.”
I stopped dead. I turned around and asked, “What bump on the head?”
“The window hit her in the back of the head. She was out cold for about two days. When she woke up, she told us about how she was in a beautiful land and Hickory, Zeke and I were there, along with Professor Marvel.”
“Hunk, she told me this story, but I never believed it. Did she mention anything about witches?”
“Yes, she did mention one and a wicked one at that.”
“Did she mention who, in this life, portray this person?”
“Not at first. It wasn’t until we told her about our neighbor, Miss Gulch.”
“What happened to her?”
“She was swept up in the same twister your mother was swept up in, but we never saw her again. Your mother came to me after we told her. She said that she saw her on her bicycle riding through the twister and then she saw her turn into a witch with black clothes and a black hat and green skin.”
“What do you think happened to her, Hunk?”
“Well, beings that we never found her and that she never turned up,” he said as he looked around the farm to make sure no one was listening before continuing. “I think that she’s still in that same land that your mother spoke about.”
“You mean you don’t think she died?”
“Exactly.”
“HUNK,” Aunt Em called from the house. “ZEKE! HICKORY! EMMA! DINNER!”
“I guess we better head in,” I said to Hunk.
“Yeah,” Zeke butted in, “otherwise you’ll miss out on your aunt’s great beef stew.”
We went inside and washed up and began to eat dinner. As we ate, I couldn’t help but think about how mom had been telling the truth every time she told me that story. I felt guilty for not believing in her. Why didn’t I believe her the first time?
“Emma,” Aunt Em asked at dinner as I stopped eating the more I thought about it. “Are you feeling okay? You’ve hardly touched your dinner.”
“Actually, I want to be excused,” I replied. “I just want to go and get some air if that’s all right.”
“Sure. Go right ahead.”
I got up from the table and walked out to the barn outside. Still thinking about mom and how she had been telling the truth the whole time, I climbed up on the buggy and watched the sunset.
“Are you okay, Emma?”
I looked over my shoulder and saw Hunk.
“Your aunt wanted me to check up on you. Just to make sure that you were feeling okay.”
“I can’t stop thinking, Hunk.”
“Well, it’s not like your head’s made out of straw you know.”
“I just can’t believe mom was telling me the truth the whole time. Up until tonight, I never believed that story about that place she went to.”
“Well, she believed in that place very much,” he said as he climbed up next to me in the buggy. “She believed that she flew over the rainbow and the friends she made there she never forgot until the day she died.”
“Hunk I want to see this place. I want to meet all of mom’s friends. I want to find the witch that mom said if she’s not dead.”
“Emma, that place is imaginary. Don’t take it that way, but let me tell you something. You’re the spitting image of your mother, but that’s not important. What I want to tell you is that if you truly believe in something it will come true. You never know; this place could come alive in your dreams. Just believe okay?”
“I already do Hunk. I already do.”
I walked back to the house with a new hope. That I’ll soon find this place and I’ll meet everyone that mom met. I just didn’t know that it would happen that soon.
The next day at school, we were sent home early because winds were picking up and there was a chance of a twister touching down. I was half home when Hunk found me. He was on horseback.
“Emma, get on! The storm’s picking up! We’re going to get a twister!”
I jumped on and we rode to the farm. The wind began to pick up more and more as we rode. When we finally arrived at the farm, Hunk yelled over the whistling winds,
“Hurry up and get to the storm cellar. Hickory, Zeke, Em and Henry are already down there!”
“What about you?! You need to be down there too!”
“I have to release the horses! I’ll be down there! Now go! You’re wasting time!”
I went through the house and heard whimpering and whining. I went to my room and found my beagle pup, Buster, underneath my bed. I picked him up and all of sudden, something hit me. I fell on the bed with Buster still in my arms and everything went black.