One

Dear Dad,

I'm really hating you right now.

"I'll Skype you, i'll text you." I said.

"No, write me a letter, like the old days." You said

It'll be fun, you said, you'll like it, you said.

Well guess what. I don't like it and this isn't fun.

I'm already hating myself immensely thanks to all the paper i've already thrown out thanks to typo's or smudged ink. I swear I can hear the tree's judging me and planing my death. I'm going to hell sooner than planned and it's all thanks to you.

I mean I could just text you or call you or Skype you and tell you there's no bloody way i'm writing to you and you're just going to have to suck it up.... Actually, on second thought.

Luke screwed up the piece of half blank paper and tossed it over his shoulder. When he first started to write-four hours ago-he had made a game out of throwing the screwed up balls of paper into the bin but now he just didn't care, he was over this.

Tossing multiple books to the floor looking for his phone, Luke thought about how crazy this was. He was in University. In New York. With three of his best friends. What even was life.

Not to mention the fact that he was roommates with his boyfriend. Perks of being gay in the boys'  dorm.

Ashton and Michael lived in a frat house on the other side of the block that they lived on. It was only a five minute walk to and from the frat house and to the boys-that was heaven.

Back in Harrison they had all lived about a 20 minute drive away from each other. It was 20 minutes from Luke's house to Michael's and then 20 minutes from Michael's to Ashton's. Honestly, who has the time and fuel money for that.

Ashton and Michael had taken a liking to Calum. Luke thought the day would never come when there were no more awkward silences and thick tension whenever the group hung out, but it merely took weeks for that all to die down. Sometimes Ashton and Michael would hang out with Calum, on purpose, without Luke.

The first time it happened was when Luke had to run errands for his dad. He walked out of Ralph's and across the road to get coffee before heading home when he saw the boys sitting in a booth talking. They were talking. And laughing.

Luke was so shocked he almost dropped his coffee everywhere.

They explained that Ashton and Michael had ran into Calum in the coffee line and decided to sit together.

Since then, everything has been cool between them. Sometimes, Luke will call Calum and ask where he is and Calum would say he's 'With Mashton'.

Luke's hand finally found his phone and he sighed in relief. He had an iPhone 6 Plus yet he still managed to lose it everywhere. How? He didn't know.

They had been in Uni for three days and had done nothing yet. Classes didn't start until the next week and the students were taking advantage of that. Luke had been to more parties in the past three days than he had been to the Nest. And that's saying a lot.

Luke pressed on his dad's contact and put the phone on speaker.

The first night they were here, they went to a Welcome Freshman party at some frat house down the road and within the first few minutes Luke was already petrified.

Not because there was so many drunk people, loud EDM music, straight couples making out and naked girls, but because some Junior who was majoring in some field of science had told Luke in a drunken slur that holding the phone to your ear for too long will eventually give you brain cancer because of the radiation.

Of course, that wasn't totally true. There were some major key factors in that story that the drunk guy didn't provide Luke with but Luke still believed him, being drunk himself, and now refuses to speak unless he's on speaker.

The boys hate it because they struggle to hear Luke but oh well, they can deal with it. Do they want him to get cancer?

"I knew you wouldn't do it." Andrew chuckled through the phone. He must've moved the phone away from his ear because the next few words were more distant. "What did I tell you, Pat, I told you he wouldn't do it. Kids these days."

Luke rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. You win. You're right, I'm wrong. All hail King Andrew." Luke said in a monotonous voice.

Andrew's laugh echoed down the phone. Luke smiled at the familiar sound. "How ya doin' kid? How's the city treating you?"

"I haven't been out of the vicinity of this block so i wouldn't know. Except for when we left the airport and we tried to find a cab. Michael made us cross a street so he could almost get hit by a car so he could yell, 'Aye! I'm walking' here' in a terrible New York accent." Luke chuckled.

"Sounds like him." Andrew laughed.

They talked for about an hour. They had a lot to discuss, they had been away for each other for three days now.

Luke was interrupted mid sentence by his door swinging open. Luke turned his head around to find his boyfriend falling face first onto the mattress. He groaned into his pillow and started fake crying.

Luke furrowed his eyebrows and stood up, heading over to the bed. "Hey, dad, gotta go. Calum's PMSing."

Andrew laughed. "Okay, call me soon and say hi to Cal for me. Remember, chocolate. Lots of chocolate." And then he hung up.

Luke chuckled and hung up the phone, tossing it onto the bed beside Calum. He snatched a chocolate bar from the nightstand and wedged it between Calum's face and the pillow. Calum immediately shot up and grabbed the bar, grinning like a child.

"What's wrong with you?" Luke laughed, squatting down in front of Calum, hands on Calum's knees so he wouldn't fall.

Calum pouted and grabbed a pillow, hugging it to his chest. "Maddie and Amy made me go shopping."

Maddie was a girl who lived down the street in an apartment, the boys met her at a frat party and they immediately bonded, she was already one of the boys.

Amy, Calum's sister, was still in town. Her best friend from back home had moved to New York recently so when Calum flew out to New York for school, so did Amy. She's staying with her friend until the end of the week and then she's flying home.

"Maddie and Amy? How is Amy apart of this?" Luke questioned.

"I took Maddie down to the mall to get tape and we ran into Amy and her friend. I was like a one of those pack horses. I was following them around like a puppy holding all their bags and shit." Calum groaned.

Luke couldn't help but laugh, making Calum pout again.

Suddenly, Luke got an idea, he knew exactly how to make him feel better. He was already down here anyways.

-

YES I KNOW THIS IS SHORT AND YES I KNOW THIS SUCKED AND YES I KNOW THE ENDING IS WEIRD AND RUSHED AND YOU GUYS WANT DETAILS AND YES I AM AWARE THAT I'M TYPING IN CAPITALS.

THIS WAS JUST A LIL INTRO OK THE REAL STUFF WILL HAPPEN SOON

VOTE AND COMMENT CAUSE Y'ALL MAKE ME LAUGH

(I ALSO DIDN'T EDIT THIS HAHHHHAHHHAHAHAHAH BYE)