Jayce: Suspicions

Suspicions

It was the middle of the night and Stephanie was sleeping. Her sweet perfume sent signals off in my pants. Her hair was such a beautiful chestnut and her eyes were so amazing. I stood at her doorway while she slept. She was breathing so peacefully. The breath of an angel.

My stomach was punching me. I wanted something to snack on. I opened the fridge and looked at each shelf. Cheese, bananas, eggs, butter and a pitcher of that same red stuff JT was drinking. It was in the back of the fridge. It was the same red stuff Stephanie didn't want me drinking. It was different this time because now I was using a different glass. I poured the liquid into the glass and placed the pitcher back on the shelf. I stood with my back against the counter and glass tight in my hand. I smelled into it. It didn't smell like anything. I took a deep breath and swallowed hard.

I knocked the stuff in the back of my throat. It went down, thick and slimy. My gag reflexes began to kick in. I turned on the sink and poured the stuff out. The taste was coppery like.. Like.. Blood. It was bitter in my mouth. I wanted to stick two fingers in the back of my throat and throw it all back up. I couldn't wake Stephanie up. She would be angry with me.

Dammit! I just drank blood! Why the hell does she have blood in the fridge? That was disgusting! That's why she didn't want me to drink it. It was blood. What a liar. JT wasn't really sick. He was hungry. I should've seen this shit coming. JT is a vampire. Vampires are the only beings I know that drinks blood. I wonder if Colleen knew. She would be so pissed. Much more pissed with him than I am at Stephanie right now for keeping this secret.

Now I wonder, is she one too? One of those crazy, bloodthirsty things out there? Is that why she keeps blood in the house? And why she didn't eat breakfast with me? And why she didn't tell me about her family? Why didn't she tell me? The better question, why did she let me stay with her? Maybe to drain me dry of my blood. This all made sense to me. Now I gotta leave before Miss Dracula kills me. But she's so beautiful. So nice. That's probably her way of luring me into her trap. It's working. I'm actually falling for her.

I got rid of the evidence and went up to my room. The crescent moon was bright in the dark indigo sky. I laid in bed, staring at it. It was a symbol. The symbol of a vampire. The symbol of Stephanie. My Stephanie. The girl that I had strong feelings for.