s*t*a*r*s 2 - pt 21

Start from the beginning

            “And you know that something else is going on here,” says Spencer.

            Rylee turns, tears fall from her eyes, she meets Spencer’s now amber gaze.  “But what?”

            “Who knows,” smiles Spencer.  “But we are here to find out.”

            “I’m gay,” announces the younger than, just as nervous as the older, version of Rylee Scott. 

            Mario sits up from his place, turning and looking at Emma, his eyes widen and he tries to hide his smile.  Rylee had always thought it had been an alarmed look, but it isn’t, it is of amusement.

            “Rylee, you’re sort of young,” says Emma.

            “I’m not – I know and I know that you aren’t happy about it and won’t ever be but this is who I think I am,” blurts out Rylee.  Before either of her parents can say anything more, Rylee bolts from the living room.

            “Chicken,” says Abby, winking at Rylee who is shaking so hard that she is vibrating in her spot.

            “You owe me fifty bucks and a week of sex every single night, Emma Scott,” laughs Mario.  He extends his hand and Emma digs into her pocket and counts out some bills.  “I told you, I told you this is how it was going to go down, visions my ass.”

            “I only have forty-eight,” snorts Emma, shoving the bills into his hand.  “How could I have missed it?  I hate that I can’t call up my powers like everyone else, I’m at their mercy!” laughs Emma.  “At least she told us.  I didn’t like the whole vision of me finding her in bed with the maid.”

            “That would have been weird, and I’m glad we fired her before that happened,” says Mario putting the money into his pocket.  “Now, the sex part of the bet,” says Mario, wiggling his eyebrows.

            “They weren’t upset!” yells Rylee.  “They knew!”

            “Parents always know,” sighs Tegan.

            “You’re not a disappointment,” says Abby.

            “You didn’t break their heart,” says Sydney.

            “You only lived up to who you really are,” whispers Spencer from behind her.  “Last one is a rotten egg.”

            The room dissolves around them again, and the white room appears.

            “Why did you think your parents would be disappointed?” asks Abby.

            “Because I had a vision of it, I saw my mom crying – my dad holding her – and they were talking about the fact that they’d never have grand children…,” sighs Rylee.

            “You want kids?” asks Spencer.

            Rylee turns and stares at her.  “If I do?”

            “I was asking, I think it’s something we should know about each other,” says Spencer.  “I like kids, I’m fine with kids.”

            Abby laughs.  “Spencer, now isn’t the time.”

            “When will it be?” asks Sydney.  “I can’t have kids.  Maybe it is something Spencer needs to know.”