09

lee chan's pov

I felt my cheeks burning as I pulled away. Her face was just as red as mine probably was. She looked down and played with the bottom of my sweater. "I like you." I mentally slapped myself at the stupid outburst. She bit onto her bottom lip, probably trying to hide her smile as she looked down again and leaned her forehead on my chest. She cutely groaned and chuckled nervously. "I like you too."

I insisted on walking Jiseul home, but she said she needed time alone after... that. The kiss. The confessions. So I didn't insist more.

I waved my hand as her small figure was getting smaller and smaller at every steps she took. I happily sighed, but my smile faded when a loud crash was heard. My eyes widened and I ran toward the sound.

A crowd was already standing in the middle of the street and I saw a glimpse of way-too-familiar silver hair laying on the ground like a wave. It was as if all the colors drained away.

"Jiseul!" I passed through the crowd and bent down next to her bleeding body. Her eyes were half-closed and blood was running down her temples. Her white clothes were dirtied by the cold hard ground, and the blood. "Jiseul, stay awake okay?" I cupped her small face in my hands, whispering words so she'd keep her eyes open. "You can't fall asleep."

She when I thought she whispered something, her eyes rolled back and she gasped for air, literally chocking. Not knowing what to do, I could only panic and cry out her name. "Jiseul!" Tears were running down my cheeks and were burning my eyes.

As much as I tried to shake her weak body, she stayed stiff.

I kept on pushing the men away until a familiar boy grabbed me by behind and pulled me away so the ambulance men could take her to their car. "Myungho, let me go— Jiseul!" I cried.

Minutes passed and I felt my body getting weaker and weaker. I fell on my knees, not caring if I looked like a mess or if I was bleeding. A man pressed two fingers to Jiseul's neck and let out a sigh.

It didn't hit me until the man at the back of the car simply closed the door, not even putting a gaz mask on her mouth and nose.

Jiseul was dead.