Chapter Fifteen : Boys Don't Cry

Shawn Kents ( Media )

"Shawn come on! If you want to get back at school and still have time to unpack, we need to leave now." My mom screamed through the thin layers of my room door.

      She sounded too much like a cliché high school boy x boy book for me to take her seriously enough to actually get up when she told me to.

One half of my body hung on the bed while the other top half moved off of the bed to get to my phone that just barely reached my bed because of how far away my charger was. I text Kayla to come and get my car keys because I was too emotionally dramatic to drive back to school. After finishing that, I scrolled through the many messages I had received from Travis. I soon realized after lying on my bed uncomfortably in the same position for about half an hour, that I may have took my anger out on the wrong person.

     I was upset because he held that from me for so long, why wouldn't he tell me as soon as he found out?

I don't even think I'm mad at Damon. More so depressed because nothing ever goes right for me. Everything's always my fault. No one ever sees my side of anything, or even cares that I'm actually the one being hurt.

            I got up from my bed finally, most assuredly going to miss it comforting  me in my times of need. I heard a knock at the door and the alarm going off to let me know someone had walked in. I unlocked my door, already knowing Kayla would try barging in as a method of greeting herself.

I heard my mothers voice in conversation and shortly after, Kayla swinging my door open as if it were her house or even her room to do such a thing.

"Hey love." She said. Lightly smiling.

        "Hey. The keys are on my dresser."

"Shawn I am not driving your car when we're going to the same exact place." She crossed her arms.

      "Just take the keys Kayla."

"I'm really just not understanding why your over dramatic ass is making your mother drive you to school when you have a whole car sitting outside. But instead of being smart and driving it yourself, you're giving it to me because you're too stupid to actually hear what Travis has to say."

"Just take the car and go Kayla. I'm not in the mood."

"I wasn't in the mood to catch the bus with three trunks full of bullshit to get here but bitch I still hopped on that raggedy fucker." she practically yelled at me. "Get your shit together, I'll see you at school." she said grabbing my keys from my dresser and leaving. I didn't mean to irritate her but her little speech went through one ear and out the other.

I grabbed my bags out of my room and dragged them downstairs. My father looked up at me from the couch in the living room. I took a deep breath, knowing that he's probably gonna try to give me a speech similar to Kayla's. I watched him get up and walk towards me. My facial expression remained the same while his seemed to glow with a genuine smile.

He wrapped his arms around me, "I'm sorry I didn't get to explain myself a little more to you. I know you have a lot of questions for me and I just want you to know that I'm here to answer them. Maybe when you come back when can spend some real time together."