¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Iris and Anna Lee lay in bed, skin flush against skin, legs intertwined under the silken sheets. The silence that surrounded them was light and almost melodious; it was untainted by loud thoughts of imminent death nor punishment.

Iris sighed contentedly, a smile graced her black lipstick adorned lips as she leaned in to press them against her mate's forehead, reveling in the wakes of a well spent night. After Ishtar and Sekhemet had left,  Carmen had retired to her assigned guest room in the loft, it was such a relief to know that the Elders were not going to filet them for the stunt that Iris pulled, she would sleep a little more at ease tonight.

The Succubus hybrid and her vampire counterpart retreated to their own room not too long after, and now as the tendrils of dawn creeped along the horizon they lay together in blissful silence, unaware of the danger that swirled and swiveled around them waiting to strike.

The creature lurked in the shadows of the darkened loft, it's senses trained on the minute sounds emanating from each of the sequestered rooms. It's heavy breathing tainted by the putrid smell of decaying flesh, it exhaled a horrid stench with every breath; its ragged appearance inspires dread with its mudd ridden and bloodied gray pelt disheveled, its long blackened portruding canines bared menacingly, eyes wide and frantic darting with imperceptible motion all over the room, bloodstained talons extending from monstrous hands digging into the solid brick wall.

It advanced slowly, one destination in mind

It advanced slowly, one destination in mind. It neared Iris's ajared door with muted footsteps, its sensitive nose scrunching up in a sneer. It let out a low growl, the air heavy with the scent of sex irked the creature to no end.

Leaning towards the door it strained its ears further, the subtle giggles and whispered words of affection ringing loud and clear within its mind. Iris was his and no one else's. His frantic eyes widened, jaw clenched and canines bared, the creature that was now Gabriel surged forward slamming the door hard.

The sudden noise had startled the lovers apart, bringing their languid kiss to an abrupt stop. Gabriel sneered and growled menacingly, pupils darting from one woman to the other in utter disbelief.

Time seemed to screech to a halt as the three of them cast disbelieving glances towards each other, Iris bringing her hand to her mouth in utter shock.

"G-Gabriel?" she muttered looking the creature up and down, not quite registering the fact that he was alive. Gabriel gave a feral snort trying to speak up but his vocal chords not yet fully functional. His scratchy and strained voice barely above a whisper as he spoke
"You couldn't even wait till my coffin was in the ground to move on you treacherous bitch?" he attempted to yell, her betrayal like a jagged knife to his back.

She not only had left him for dead, the bitch had the nerve to coddle up to someone new barely two weeks after he was supposedly killed...thrown to the wolves.

His anger spiked even further at the fact that she shared her bed with a woman, disgust evident on his face at her chosen partner.

"You not only betrayed me, left me for dead but you cheat on me with a woman? A dyke?" his outraged whispers holding such intensity, such hatred that it seeped though every pore of his now deformed body.

His aura flared with rage, his breathing becoming shallow and ragged, he tried to keep his emotions in check but the monster that he had become was uncontrollable.

Anna Lee had been sitting still, clutching the sheets to her chest as she watched the interaction. So this was the man whom Iris had been trying to save. A pathetic excuse of a man it turned out. But Anna's instincts screamed at her that Gabriel was dangerous or maybe just plain stupid to attempt something so reckless.

"What the fuck is all this noise, some people have work in the m-" Carmen had walked up to the room unaware of what was going on, only to be backhanded hard enough to knock her off her feet. Gabriel sneering at the interruption, he glanced out of the bedroom window his frown deepening.  He inched closer towards Iris only to have Anna Lee bare her seraphim fangs at him, springing to tackle the monstrocity to the floor

"NO!" Iris screamed as her mate leapt at Gabriel "Anna don't hurt him. Please!" the vampire had begged, maybe they could still help Gabriel...

Anna Lee glanced up towards her mate for a brief moment to nodd in acknowledgement but Gabriel was not to be trusted. He grabbed the Succubus hybrid by her neck, his claws digging into her skin drawing deep dark rivulets of blood and flung her across the room, her entire being slamming into the brick wall only to crumble to the ground laying face down next to an unconscious Carmen.

"What the hell do you think you're doing Gabriel!" Iris intended to rush towards her fallen mate but the creature had stepped in her way.
It leaned down closer to the vampire's face, barely inches away from Iris's lips it exhaled, the putrid stench making the vampire flinch away "you are MY mate, Iris" the creature enunciated "if i can't have you then no one will" just as it went to back away, Iris thinking she was in the clear, the beast reared its paw and brought it down against Iris's temple knocking the vampire out.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

She wandered the streets, disoriented and confused. She had woken up in the dark, boxed in alone, no matter how loud she had yelled no one came to her aid.

Searing pain consuming her flesh, she lay in that obscure prison for what seemed like an eternity. It felt as if her blood had been replaced by liquid fire, it pumped through her veines cauterizing her from within. Her vision blurry and unstable, she couldn't even make out the outline of her own hands in the obscurity, the agony had her paralysed, her vocal chords growing tired and her voice hoarse the more effort she spent screaming.

Her skin had felt constricting, it grew more taut with each breath squeezing the air out of her lungs, tighter and tighter until she felt like she would suffocate.
As the pain began to ebb away, unconsciousness came to sweep her away again and she could do nothing to stop it.

When she had awakened for the second time, her vision had cleared and became much sharper. She could spot her perfect nailpolish and the colors of the dress she had been dressed in, her accute hearing expanding beyond the darkness and towards the outside of her cage where silence resided. Her sense of smell so hightened, that the scent of her own perfume intermingled with that of her beloved Asha, hung in the air like the sweetest fragrance, it filled her nostrils and brought with it a sense of safety that She forced herself to ignore.

The paralysis receding slowly, she thrust her hands into the hard stone that encased her, the stone resisted for a brief while but the sheer force behind her thrusts shattered the tenacious marble in no time.

It had yet to register with the woman that she had just shattered a large slab of stone with her bare hands. Free from what she now realised was a tomb, the young woman had run, she looked for any way out. Her blood rapidly pumping through her, she could feel each thump resonate loudly in her ears; as soon as she'd breached the street the magnificent rays of sun had assulted her oversensitized eyes.

She flinched instinctively and retreated into the shade of the massive mausoleum. She blinked away the pain and let her eyes readjust to the brightness of day and once that was accomplished she stepped out into the usual overcrowded streets of the city, making her way to the only place she could go...

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

First off i wanna apologize for the delay in updating but I've had had a lot going on in my life. But now I'm back hopefully with a friend to motivate me through the writing process!