Black Lace and White Lies, the beginning

Just a teaser....

Black Lace and White Lies

by Valarie Hartley

Pen Name: Valarie Hartley

Genre:

Word Count

Chapter 1

It has been said that a soul recognizes another like soul. A soul that you have connection with from a previous life, be it for good or for bad.

It has been said that every living being has a twin soul, a twin flame. A soul is never complete until they meet their one. A soul burns for the something that would complete them. Never knowing what or why until that perfect moment, when two are reunited.

We have many soul mates. Souls we have known in some way, shape, or form in other lives. Having been married to, related to, hurt, and even destroyed. Only one twin flame.

One twin flame to fill that void. That one that soothes your soul, strokes your fire, and finally, allows you to live.

Kenize Rayne Montgomery had said that there was no way it could be true. That if that were the case then what would happen if you never encountered your twin soul? Forever fated to being unsettled? Always on the run, never really understanding the why?

If it were true, what happens if the twin flame is a forbidden fruit? Already taken, forever in your mind but unavailable? A great magnetic force, a silver thread of fate and destiny that has you attached and yet, you cannot be.

What then?

Forever alone?

Yet there she stood in the middle of a tattoo shop looking at the man that was supposedly her future husband. The other half of her soul. Everything was slow motion, her friends talking rapidly about the tattoos they were to get.

The four of them had been talking about getting them, finally for her twenty-fifth birthday they were going to do it. The four muskateers. Forever together and forever talking over one another, finishing sentences, actions, and thoughts.

She nodded in response to the man. The tall, devastatingly handsome man with tattoos sleeved up his arms, that disappeared under his nice tight t-shirt. He was slim but not too slim. Tattoos on his neck were finely tuned and added to his allure. Her aqua blue eyes clashed with his green ones.

She turned away, to pay attention to Regan who had seemed to catch on. She stopped mid-sentence and did a double take at Kenzies face then back to the man behind the counter.

“Darkhorse?” She stated, which caused the other two women to stop instantly and look at the man. He didn't even blink an eye at them, just stood rigid and stared right back at them.

“Mmmm Hmmmm.” Kenzie confirmed under her breath. Her heart tripped slightly over itself with the acknowledgment.

“If you ever did believe.” Muttered the nay-sayer, Peyton. She had never believed in visions or foreshadowing or anything to do with the beliefs that Kenzie held true to her heart.

Kenzie was a Medium, Spiritual-healer, Pagan-Green Witch, and it had been a joke amongst her friends that her resume would never land her a man. Of course, Kenzie believed that whatever fate and destiny had in store would be a wonderful, happy-ever-after ending to her life as it had been.

“Ladies.” The man in question finally spoke and it sent a shiver right to the heart of her.

Kenzie turned to look at the man. She opened her mouth to speak but her little red-haired friend, Teena, stepped up to the counter and smiled warmly.

“Well hello there. We are here to get tatted. Are you the man?”

He shifted slightly and Kenzie's world tilted on its axis. She was unsure how to proceed, to make her way through this moment.

“I'm sorry, what is your name?” This from Regan, the tall brunette. The one who always wore the level head and tried her best to keep them all out of trouble. A tall order for her.

“Lawren, Law for short.” He glanced at Kenzie as he spoke, his eyes forever warming her.

“Down girl.” Peyton whispered in her ear as she stepped past to go stand in front of her, blocking the mans view from the counter.

How do you proceed with what you know when some deemed it crazy to the core. Did this man know? Was he a believer? Would she struggle for answers, always?

She turned away to stare unseeing out the window. Storm clouds were moving in and she could feel her elemental friends' frenzy. Something big was coming, she took a shuddering breath and centered herself. Closing her eyes she focused on the earth its energy, feeling her way to shield herself from the interaction of tonights events to come. Whatever it was, her life was undoubtedly changed the moment she came face to face with her darkhorse.

“Hey Kenzie. You ready?”

Kenzie opened her eyes with a deep sigh.

“As ready as I'll ever be.” With that she turned to her future...

She clashed eyes instantly with Law. A sizzle went through the air and Kenzie staggered a bit. It was unexpected. The meeting of Darkhorse as well as the clash with the elementals. They were all at play tonight, trying to get one up on one another. She sighed and calmed the inner turmoil. This was it, one way or another fate and destiny would be heard, felt, and be seen.

Predestination, there is word. One some believed and some didn't. Kenzie was a believer and embraced it with all that she was. A little too heartily at times. It is what it is. You either have it or you don't. Accept it or not.

“Come on back.” Law spoke softly but his voice was that of a strong, masculine, commanding aplha male. It sent shivers right to the heart of Kenzie. Made her thump in places that had not been touched in many a year, if ever.

She took a clumsy step forward and Peyton steadied her at the elbow.

“We can leave. You can run from this if you want. Nothing is set in stone Kenzie.” It was a forced, hushed whisper, filled with fear.

Kenzie stopped and turned to her friend.

“That is where you and I differ Pey. I believe in predestination, I believe in whatever is meant to be will be. I am in the exactly the right place at the time I am supposed to be.” She squeezed her hand and followed the extrordinary male towards the back.

Law, Lawren, Darkhorse, had a cocky gait and it was sexy-as-hell. Kenzie felt herself flushing from watching his taught muscles bunch in his back and that tight ass while he lead the way.

A slight chill of trepidition ran through Kenzie as she entered the room.

Against the wall was a very tall woman. A very dark woman. Not of color, but dark as in darkness falls. Nastiness.

Fucking wonderful.

“Who's this?” The woman asked bruskly.

Kenzie watched as Law tensed slightly. Preparing. For what?

Kenzie glanced at her friends with a profound look of what-the-fuckness on her face.

They all grinned in unison. Yeah it was like that. They always communicated without having to say a word.

Kenzie turned back to the woman and froze. The woman was glaring at her. Kenzie stared right back.

“These girls are here for tattoos. You know, we are in the business of tattoos and piercings, are we not Cassie?”

Kenzie turned slightly away as the woman's face turned red in anger.

“Of course Law. But we are not in the business of you hooking up with yet another one of the ladies. Right dear husband?”

Kenzie froze. Husband? What. The. Fuck.