31%

Dan Howell woke up the next morning in complete bliss.

Phil's arm was wrapped around him protectively, and he was snuggled into him.

He'd watched Phil's chest go up and down slowly, and Dan was just fascinated. Fascinated with every single little thing Phil Lester did.

Dan could've layed there for hours, just watching Phil breathe. But he knew it'd be a matter of time before Phil woke up.

So he savored this moment. Just watching Phil sleep peacefully, in love with how rhythmic his breathing was. In love with how his jet black hair messily sat on his head. In love with how lovely the boy in front of him was.

That's when Phil's eyes fluttered open, blue immediately meeting brown.

"Well- hello there." Phil said, his voice rough from just waking up. Dan immediately liked his morning voice. It was husky, and slightly arousing. Dan turned red at the last thought.

"Morning." Dan replied, inwardly cringing at his own morning voice. It was shrieky and completely unattractive, something he definitely did not want Phil to hear.

Phil addressed the position they were in. "Well. We look comfy."

Dan laughed out loud, silently cursing himself at how gross it sounded. "Yeah, we do." He croaked, smiling at Phil.

Phil buried his face in Dan's hair, then mumbled, "Do you wanna get up?"

Dan snuggled into Phil's chest again.

"No."

Phil lifted his head off of Dan's to look at the timer beside his bed. "Oh. Shit."

"Hmm.." Dan mumbled, his head still buried in Phil's chest.

"It's 11:40"

"Cool." Dan mumbled. "I don't give a shit."

"We should get up."

"But we shouldn't."

"But we should."

"No."

"Dan."

"Phil."

"Dan."

Dan let out a loud distressed groan before giving Phil a pouty look.

"Awe cmon, Dan! Today's exciting! We're going on a date tonight!" Phil said the last part cheekily, playfully nudging the boy next to him.

"Alright, alright.." Dan grumbled, rolling his eyes and sitting up. He didn't realize Phil's eyes were on him and as he got off the bed, yawning.

Phil raised an eyebrow, wondering if Dan was teasing him. He's just so pretty. Phil thought to himself. How can someone be so pretty?

Dan then turned to him, and it took all of Phil's willpower not to let his eyes wander. down to the v line that showed slightly, poking out of his shorts.

"I'm gonna go get ready, can I use your shower?" Dan questioned, raising an eyebrow at Phil, who was still sitting on the bed.

"Yeah, go ahead."

Dan gave a quick nod before walking out of the room.

Phil got up and walked down to the kitchen, ignoring his thoughts when he heard the shower start.

He poured himself a bowl of cereal, opening his laptop and looking for good restaurants for the night. He wanted it all to be perfect. He wanted to take Dan someplace cute, a place they'd always go to together. It'd be their hangout. Their go-to place. It'd be special to them. Phil needed it to be perfect, because this was where he and Dan Howell were going to have their first date. It would be a big moment in their history. At least, he hoped it would be.

Phil didn't want a super fancy place, but not some cheap pizza restaurant either. After looking for a few more minutes, he spotted a cute little advertisement at the bottom of his screen.

Rosie's Cafe,
50's style cafe, we make the best food and best memories!

The place looked cute, and Phil thought it was the right choice. He remembered Dan talking about being a sucker for retro style stuff, so Phil was positive he'd love it.

That's when Dan walked in, hair wet, and already curling up. Phil knew Dan's hair was naturally curly, and that he hated it. Phil just hadn't seen it yet.

And man, he couldn't help but feel glad now that he has.

"How can you not love that?" Phil asked as Dan poured himself a cup of coffee, ready from the pot Phil brewed earlier.

"What?" Dan asked, looking back at Phil, confused.

"Your natural hair." Phil gestured towards the top of his head. "How can you not love it?"

Dan scrunched up his nose, shaking his head. "It's pretty easy, actually. I hate it."

"How come? It's beautiful Dan!" He exclaimed to him, raising his eyebrow right back. "You look great with it- you always look great anyways, though."

Dan blushed at Phil's attempt to sound charming. Well, Phil called it a failed attempt, Dan called it a success. He looked down at his hands.

"So.. Where are we going tonight?" Dan asked, sitting across from Phil at the table.

Phil smiled at Dan mischievously. "It's a surprise, silly."

Dan rolled his eyes. "I hate surprises with a burning passion."

Phil laughed. "Then you'll be hating me all day then, I guess."

Dan shook his head, scoffing. "Alright then, Philly. What will we be doing today, before that date?"

Phil shrugged. "What do you wanna do?"

Dan grinned. "One sec." He said, then running up the stairs, which he soon returned from again about a minute later, holding 2 DVD's.

"Do you have a player?" Dan asked, gesturing to what he was holding.

"Ah- yeah. I do? What is it?" Phil questioned, walking over to the sink to set his bowl down.

"Well, have you ever watched 'Free!', Phil?" Dan asked, walking into the living room as he talked.

"I haven't watched it- but maybe I've heard of it? It's that good swimming anime, right?" Phil asked, following Dan.

"Yeah, it's fantastic! Wanna just binge this all day? We can scream out our emotions as we watch." Dan suggested with a shrug. "It'll be fun."

Phil smiled, nodding enthusiastically. "Let's do it then! I've heard so much good about it!"

"It's not just good, it's fuckin' amazing." Dan said, running over and popping it in to the player. He turned to Phil. "I know we just did this last night, but should we make another comfortable fort?"

Phil grinned.

"Giant blanket tent fort thingy?"

"Giant blanket tent fort thingy."

•-•
A/N:
this sucks™

~🌙