Chapter twenty one- Hidden Powers

Chapter twenty one- Hidden powers

"So, who's your friend, Alibaba?" Judar questioned. He strolled around the area, hand palming the small pile of gems in his pocket. He had made more with the help of Hakuryuu just before, while they were creating their backup plan for their fight with Gyokuen, as well as another safety precaution.

"Nevermind him. He's not a part of this," Alibaba kept his eyes on Judar as he moved.

"Is he not a mage, then?" Judar assumed, looking behind the blond at the tan skinned male.

"He's none if your concern, Judar." Alibaba remained completely serious. His plan was already going wrong. He didn't think they'd run into Judar, and being split up from Saber wasn't good. They were completely vulnerable. The blond glanced backwards at the staircase behind them. If we can get in there safely...

"So, why are you here, Alibaba? Looking for a fight?" Judar changed the subject, his curious gaze remaining on Cassim.

"No, just information."

"On Al-Thamen? Go ahead, I won't stop you." Judar's eyes wandered to the blond again.

Alibaba frowned, "Why not? You're working with them, aren't you?"

Judar shrugged, smirking, "Who knows?"

"Come on, Alibaba, let's just get this over with," Cassim whispered to the blond.

"We need Saber to do that," Alibaba hissed back, glancing over his shoulder at Cassim.

"I screwed your plans up, huh, Alibaba?" Judar continued to smile at the teens. He pulled out a few gems and played with them- tossing them in the air and catching them as he began to pace the small clearing. "You shouldn't need Saber to fight. You're a mage, aren't you?"

"Of course I am. I wouldn't have been able to summon a servant if I wasn't," Alibaba defended himself.

"Then attack me," Judar challenged. "Go ahead, I'll let you get the first hit." He stopped walking and turned to the pair, "Unless you can't."

Alibaba glanced around again, this time searching for a weapon. Nothing. Dammit... He looked down at his hands. He hadn't told anyone this, not Cassim, nor Hakuryuu before the war officially started, but Alibaba barely knew how to use magic. Summoning Saber was the most difficult thing he'd done so far. Besides creating fire in his hands for light or to burn small things, the teen knew nothing. He had no idea what his abilities were beyond that, his father never had the chance to teach him.

Unsure what else he could do, Alibaba raised his right hand and pointed it at Judar. He willed his magic to work with him as he set his hand aflame and attempted to shoot the fire at the black haired master. It worked, surprisingly.

"Woah!" Judar jumped to the side as an unstable ball of fire shot past him. The fire hit a tree behind him, yet it didn't burn. The fire was far too weak to do anything but quickly burn out. "Fire magic, huh?" The teen smirked, "This should be fun against my ice magic!" He crushed the gems in his hand and tossed them at the teens.

Cassim caught one of the shards, looking down at it curiously, "...Ice?"

"Cassim, drop it!" Alibaba lunged at the teen, tearing the gem shard from his hand and throwing it aside. Not even seconds later Judar shouted, 'Thalg Al-Salos!', causing all of the shards to grow into large, sharp, icicles.

Judar laughed as Alibaba and Cassim stood, "You idiot! You clearly aren't a mage if you do something stupid like that!"

"Cassim, don't touch the gem shards," Alibaba advised, keeping his eyes on Judar. "His ice magic is powered by them."