Early Visitors

King Mateen was in his office when he suddenly heard frantic knocking. He looked up from his desk and looked at the door. "Enter!" The King called annoyed.

"Majesty! King Caden approaches!"

"What?!" Mateen said angrily. The king groaned. This could complicate things for his son greatly. "Show them to the throne room. Alert Lothar."

"Yes Majesty." The guard turned and quickly left the room.

The king took a moment to collect himself and then headed to meet with his guests. He would have to be very careful with his actions.

**

Valeria walked through the halls and was surprised to hear yelling coming from the direction of the throne room.

"Excuse me," she said stopping a passing guard. "Is everything alright?"

"King Caden has arrived early," Kael said from behind her. The blonde woman turned and looked at Lothar's protector. "You are to come to the throne room."

"I see, very well," Lady Valeria replied. Without hesitation she followed the warrior toward the throne room.

The closer they came to the throne room the louder it became. Valeria stepped inside and for a moment watched the Zandell royal family yell at their visitors. She tried a couple of times to gain everyone's attention but it was to no avail.

"1, 2, 3......Excuse me!" Valeria Shouted over everyone else's raised voices. The arguing stopped and all eyes fell on her. "It is a wonder you can understand a single word each other is saying," The Benola woman commented. "Surely a more civilized tone would enable you to understand one another."

"Who are you?" A woman with shoulder length blonde wavy hair sneered.

"Princess Sage I presume?"

"You are?" King Caden questioned.

"This is my fiancée Lady Valeria," Prince Lothar informed the visiting royals.

Without warning Sage raced at Valeria sword drawn. It was a mistake. Valeria had Kael's sword before he could react. Valeria deflected the angry woman easily. She made few movements while Sage made frantic angry movements.

"Princess it would be best if you stopped now," Valeria warned. Sage screamed angrily and raced at her. "As you wish." The Benola woman said annoyed. Sage lashed out at her; Valeria deflected and with a quick flick of the wrist sent the angry woman's sword one way while backhanding the princess; causing princess Sage to fall the opposite direction.

"Are you quite finished?" Valeria inquired of the fallen woman. "While I don't normally submit to violence it seems to be the only thing you understand."

Sage turned and looked at her clearly shocked. "How? How did you do that?"

"It isn't difficult when your opponent's judgment is clouded by anger," Valeria told the warrior woman. "You also underestimated me. You saw my dress and assumed I was a proper woman unable to defend myself. I trust you know better now." Her voice wasn't cold toward the visiting royal. It was calm and dignified; showing strength but not condescending, the fallen princess.

"You're...."

"Not what you expected," Valeria said watching the princess calmly. "You expected a weak woman." The princess gave her a nod she was correct.

"I don't believe we've been properly introduced," King Caden announced.

"King Caden, my bride, Lady Valeria," Prince Lothar replied. While the warrior kept a neutral face in appearance, inside he was smirking. He'd had no doubt Valeria would quickly gain approval from their ally despite his daughter being overlooked.