xliv

Last 3 chaps. I will miss this. ❤
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter and 44: The enemy

"Mom," Jesper's lilting voice ringing inside the four corners of his room. I sank into the bed, seeking farther for comfort. I inhaled a few of his familiar scent before I hopped up from the bed and opened the window, cold wind blew in causing for me to shiver. I held onto the robe and wrapped it tightly against my body. The sky is blue, clouds are white.

It seems rejoicing and I hate it.

I hate it, seeing people smile. I hate hearing someone laugh. After Jesper's death, I want this long silence grieving for his unfair kind of death. How could a six years old suffered that much? He fought for a year to live but only to die in the end? And some people are only wasting their lives doing nothing when some people fought just to have a day to live.

People comitting suicides? Sila nalang dapat ang magkaroon ng nakakamatay na sakit. If they are too dumb to end their life because of one stupid damn reasons! Why it has to be Jesper? He's an innocent kid who only loves vegetables and who loves to play. Why him?

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol's voice interrupted my thoughts of how unfair life is, "Just like what I thought, you're here. Breakfast is ready, do you want to take a shower first or eat?" he wrapped his hands around me, caressing this small bump in my belly that soothes the anxiety from my mind. I don't know for how long I had been mourning. I just don't seem to care. I went back to work and to be eaten by saddness once I'm alone in Jesper's room, looking at his old pictures.

"Shower," I answered absently with these thoughts coiling and refusing to connect, to accept the fact that our son is already dead.

"Hon, it's been three weeks. You've been pushing yourself to the limit. The doctor said you need to rest didn't he? But then, you keep on working." Chanyeol said with such a worried tone, that seems to be a hard phrase for me to understand. "Don't forget that you're pregnant, Baekhyun." he said.

"He'll be okay. If not, not."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Chanyeol held my shoulder, turning me to look at him. Concernment, apparent in his eyes with my words that was too appalling for him to take. I looked down, "What's with your voice? As if you don't care if we lost the baby again? Baekhyun, don't do this. We'll make it. I'm here, you're not alone. Your pain is mine, too because I'm your husband." he pulled me into a melting hug and tears blurred my eyes as Chanyeol passed a gentle work-worn hand at the back of my head, a gentle stroke.