The first two facts are from myself. The rest is from a website that I'll try to put on the external link. Enjoy!!!!
1) If you get burnt by fire, we throw water at you. If you fall into the lake, we throw fire at you
2) There is no such thing as a Canadian-Amercian, because Canada is in North America. Come to think of it, if you were born in South America, then you're American too
3) A crocodile can't stick its tongue out
4) A shrimp's heart is in its head
5) If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
6) In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand.
7) It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
8) More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
9) 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.
10) Rats and horses can't vomit.
11) If you keep your eyes open by force when you sneeze, you might pop an eyeball out.
12) Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
13) Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
14) Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
15) Most lipstick contains fish scales.
16) In 1955 the richest woman in the world was Mrs Hetty Green Wilks, who left an estate of $95 million in a will that was found in a tin box with four pieces of soap.
17) The first fossilized specimen of Australopithecus afarenisis was named Lucy after the paleontologists' favorite song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," by the Beatles.
18) Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.
19) Hot water is heavier than cold
20) Every year about 98% of atoms in your body are replaced.
21) If you went out into space, you would explode before you suffocated because there's no air pressure.
22) Sound travels 15 times faster through steel than through the air.
23) On average, half of all false teeth have some form of radioactivity
24) Only one satellite has been ever been destroyed by a meteor: the European Space Agency's Olympus in 1993
25) A ball of glass will bounce higher than a ball of rubber. A ball of solid steel will bounce higher than one made entirely of glass.
26) At a glance, the Celsius scale makes more sense than the Fahrenheit scale for temperature measuring. But its creator, Anders Celsius, was an oddball scientist. When he first developed his scale, he made freezing 100 degrees and boiling 0 degrees, or upside down. No one dared point this out to him, so fellow scientists waited until Celsius died to change the scale.
27) At a jet plane's speed of 1,000 km (620mi) per hour, the length of the plane becomes one atom shorter than its original length.
28) If the room is too hot, the motion detector won't register a change in the radiated heat of that person's body when it enters the room and breaks the infrared beam. Your home's safety might be compromised if you turn your air conditioning off or set the thermostat too high while on summer vacation.
29) Ostriches are often not taken seriously. They can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions.
30) Guinea pigs and rabbits can't sweat.
31) Sharks and rays are the only animals known to man that don't get cancer. Scientists believe this has something to do with the fact that they don't have bones, but cartilage.
32) Deer can't eat hay.
33) The duckbill platypus can store as many as six hundred worms in the pouches of its cheeks.
34) Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
35) Jellyfish like salt water. A rainy season often reduces the jellyfish population by putting more fresh water into normally salty waters where they live.
36) The female lion does ninety percent of the hunting.
37) The odds of seeing three albino deer at once are one in seventy-nine billion, yet one man in Boulder Junction, Wisconsin, took a picture of three albino deer in the woods.
38) A group of twelve or more cows is called a flink.
39) Money isn't made out of paper; it's made out of cotton.
40) The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottle represents the varieties of pickle the company once had.
41) A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
42) 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
43) On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
44) During the chariot scene in 'Ben Hur' a small red car can be seen in the distance.
45) Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
46) Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear any pants.
47) Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
48) Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because in the time when all original print had to be set in individual letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.
49) There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
50) The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan, there was never a recorded Wendy before!
51) A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
52) There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple, and silver!
53) Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the same with apples!
54) Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
55) Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
56) Of all the words in the English language, the word 'set' has the most definitions!
57) What is called a "French kiss" in the English speaking world is known as an "English kiss" in France.
58) Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
59) In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child
60) Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
These people have worked very hard on their website. Be sure to check it out for more funny facts! Hope you enjoyed these facts! 😄
YOU ARE READING
Things to read when you're boredRandom
A collection of interesting facts and jokes....Hmmm....I just realized I really should make this a little more...you know....funnier....you know, to entice the reader and such? Oh well. I'll do it later...