TRY HARD

LUKES POV

Right now she really was out of reach I had to get out of the house today it was driving me insane so I went grocery shopping. We leave for tour in two days two days left in Aussie to be honest at times I dont think Cates should come with me this leg of the tour. Cates has been doing better whatever her Angel and Mikey talked about worked cause ever since she spent the day with them shes been a lot better. "Your so out of reach and im finding it hard yeah she makes me feel makes me feel that I try and I try and im trying too hard" I sing.

"Babe" I call"Catekins whered you go" I say awkwardly looking around. No response well damn I thought putting all the grocery's away. I grab my shades and head out this time walking Cates is probably walking. I decided to call her"Luke" her voice was shaky"babe whats wrong" I worry. "Everything please im at our park I just cant handle it anymore" I hear loud sobs. Shit I walked faster she was on the swing"is this seat taken" I joke"nope cool im gonna sit" I laugh so does she. "How are you always so fucking happy and optimistic all the time" Cates said.

"I always look at the good things I try and find the sensible thing." I smile she then told me about her visit with her dad"what good could possibly come from this Lucas" she sighs. "Did it make you feel better" I look at her tear stricken eyes"yeah it did it helped" Cates smiles slightly."Then thats the good you're one step closer on the road to recovery. Im so proud of you" I tell Cates I get off my swing and stand in front of hers.

"You gonna move Lukey" Cates smirks"nope I have business to make" I say awkward. Why is it always me i stop Cates swing and laugh when she tries to still swing. "Stop it's not funny your taller and stronger" she whines I chuckle an hold out my hand. I help her up tilt her chin up to kiss her a few times then I kiss her forehead and hold her hand tightly. We dont talk we just walk together in peaceful silence"Cates are you sure you wanna come with me. I've been thinking maybe you should stay in Aussie" I play with my lip ring.

"Stay home why" she questions "because your mom needs you and Lucy might stay shell need help with Carmen. Your so fragile tour life is demanding so I understand if you want to stay. Help Sades plan her wedding" I reply "but...I need you Luke i dont wanna stay in Aussie" she said quiet."I dont want you to have a breakdown and I cant comfort you cause ill be gone I worry about you more than ever. " I confess"I know but trust me im okay Luke I promise please I need you because when im breaking. You stay happy and strong" a tear slips I caught it.

"Its your mum Cates she called me today she needs you to take care of her. You have me the boys and the girls to be with you she has noone your dad left that was her person. You're staying" I tell her more tears slip out"please stop crying it'll be okay" I hug her"I need you Luke".

I haven't had to say goodbye to Cates at the airport since 2014 when we left for the american leg of where we are tour. It was on that leg I bought her ring and made the plans to purpose to her. We drove in silence to the airport Lucy and Angel were both coming Sades and Cates were staying. Im trying to be strong but ill miss her. "I wanna go Luke" she pouts"I know but your mum needs you" I reply smiling. We get to security thats when I lost it the tears pour out of my soul.

I cried as I held her"Luke it'll be fine" she mumbles I kiss her for a long long time. Slow and rough with so much love and passion"ill call Skype and text 24\7" I promise she nods. "I love you lukeyboo" "I love you so much more catekins". With one final wave hug and kiss I left her she was crying wherever you are thats where ill be I thought. For the first time in a while ill be without Cates but she has to stay. I sat next to cal"Luke mate you dont look so good" he jokes.

"Fuck off cal just let me listen to sad music and cry" I glare at him he backs off. I wish I was beside her.

THE END

For this book series i dident wanna publish chapters one by one. I wanted it to be like an actual book so heres the finished work. This is i wish i was beside you.

I will be writing a sequel called im always beside you. Im so proud of this story its defiantly my best work yet so i hope you love it.