Chapter 28

My eyes flutter open. I'm use to being greeted with bright light in the morning, but today I'm not. I glance up to see a tall, dark figure standing in front of me, blocking the light source. I ignore that. I take in the musky sent on the coat I'm sleeping in. The smell fills my nose. I smile when I realize it's Sherlock's coat.

"Get up," Sherlock says a bit too harshly. I groan.

"Why?" I ask, "We don't have a case... Do we?"

"No. Your mother called you," He states. His arms rest at his sides with my phone in his hand.

"And that is important?" I question, completely annoyed.

"Fourteen times," He hands me the phone. I sigh before I grab it out if his hands, our fingers brushing. A shock flows through my body.

He doesn't love me.

I dial her number before putting to my ear.

"Hello, Mrs. Baines," I greet as she answers my call. I look up to Sherlock, putting on a scowl. He fake smiles before walking away.

"How have you been?" She asks over the phone.

"Great, just perfect..." I trail off in thought, "Why did you call?"

"Oh yes, you need to answer your phone the first time... It's your sisters wedding! It's tomorrow night! They had a guest cancel so she decided to invite you!" Mrs. Baines cheers over the phone.

"No, I'm alright. Tell her I possibly couldn't," I groan.

"You should come," She replies.

"I don't want to come," I spit out quite rudely.

"You are coming. Be at the house tomorrow night. It's in the backyard," Mrs. Baines demands.

"Fine, but you're paying the plane trip," I groan before the phone is ripped out of my hand.

"Can she bring a plus one?" Sherlock asks. I look at him, shooting daggers his way with my eyes. He hands me back the phone.

"Ooh, boyfriend? Why not? Sure!" Mrs. Baines answers before hanging up on me. I slowly put the phone down.

"Sherlock you douche!" I shout in his direction. I pick up his coat and throw it his way. It hits him in the gut but he manages to catch it. He doesn't respond. I walk up to him, pointing my finger his way, "I don't want you to meet my family!"

"Oh, come on... Clearly. Why do you think I did that? Besides, you couldn't possibly go alone," He grins.

"Well guess what? You have to play my boyfriend. So, it must be a win-win," I smirk right back at him.

"I need to go pack," Is all he says.

"Pack something nice!" I shout as he walks into his room. I smile to myself before it soon drops.

He doesn't love me.

***

"Hello, Mrs. Baines," I greet her at the door of her house. Sherlock by my side, straight face and all. I glance up at him, sending daggers his way before I turn back to my mother.

"Hello, your father is inside," Is all she says. I grab my bag with Sherlock following suit. "But first, drop your stuff in your old room."

Once up stairs I walk in through the door of my old room. I motion for Sherlock to come in. "We're going to have fun this weekend," I reply sarcastically. I don't get an answer. "Lighten up. It's only this weekend. It'll be short," I mumble.

"Mmm, of course," Sherlock mumbles. I groan at his stubbornness.

"Well then, I'm going to go change. You do so as well. I'll meet you right out the door."

***
I finish putting on my dark, navy blue dress. I quickly apply some makeup before strapping on my wedges. I rush out of the bathroom, and outside my bedroom door. "Sherlock?" I ask. Then the door opens and Sherlock steps out. He stands there in a fitted suit without a tie. I look him up and down, biting my lip as I do so. I take a gulp. "Y-your tie is missing. Here," I stutter before grabbing is tie and wrapping it around his neck. I'm just inches away from him. I feel his hot breath on my neck burning like a fire. I close my eyes for a brief second. I then tie his tie for him.

"Thank you," He manages to spit out as I finish his tie. I tuck it in his suit before patting it down.

"You're welcome," I smile before stepping away.

He doesn't love me.

Then I hear footsteps up the stairs. My dad walks up. I turn around towards him and smile, "Hello!"

"How are you?" He asks reaching forward to hug me. I hug him back.

"I've been fine, thank you," I state. I straighten myself up again.

"I see you've relaxed a bit... It must be your boyfriend over there," My Mr. Baines starts. "Nice to meet you son. I'm Mr. Baines," My father greets.

"Sherlock Holmes, please to meet you," Sherlock smiles a genuine smile I've never seen before. He shakes my fathers hand.

"I'm so glad you're here. Your sister is getting married!"

"Yeah, I'm surprised," I mutter under my breath. My dad walks away. "How does that bitch get married?"

"Your father seems like a nice man," Sherlock says, completely ignoring my question.

"This is going to be a long weekend," I mutter.