[5]

I headed to the living room. Why did Baekhyun have a creepy smile earlier? And what does dad want to tell me? I really have got to stop asking myself questions.

I stepped in the living room and saw my dad leaning on the sofa. "Hey dad, Baek said you wanted to talk to me?" I asked. He turned to me and shifted uncomfortably. "Yes, I did. Sweetie there's something I want to inform... tell you." I narrowed my eyes. That's unusual, he never calls me 'sweetie' unless he's drop dead serious. This is really making me nervous. I took a deep breath and said "What is it? It's something serious isn't it?" he leaned back and ran a hand through his hair. "Luhan, you can't hide or use your disguise anymore."

I stared at him for what seem like hours, registering what he had said. I blinked a couple of times until I finally gathered my voice. "What? W-what do y-you mean?" I stuttered. He sighed and walked up to me. He placed both of his hands to either side of my shoulders. "I don't know if you'll agree to this but, you are to pick someone to be your fiancé. You are going to get engaged."

I didn't say a word, well more like couldn't because of the shock I'm receiving. "I know this is all too sudden and you might be against it but I'm trusting you to understand all of this. And it's just a matter of time till you graduate and go to university and take business training so you can inherit our company. But since you can't run the company alone, you'll need a partner. And I know you, my amazing son, will do it." he continued.

I couldn't bring myself to say anything. Not even a word. I just can't say anything to go against him when he's being serious about all this and now I'm actually realizing that I've been selfish these past few years.

Should I go against it? It's not that I don't want to run the company; I just haven't decided to do anything in my life yet. Heck, I don't even know what course I'll take right after I graduate. But, getting a fiancée? Now that's a different story. That's too much! Then again I've been hiding from the world that I'm the son of Xi family for what now? 6 years?

Okay, fine. I've decided. I'm rejecting it.

"Okay." I blurted. Crap! That came out wrong! I was supposed to say 'no'. Great Luhan, you've managed to say the complete opposite of what you intended to say. My dad's eyes went wide as he looked at me but it was shortly replaced by a wide grin. "Really? You'll go through with it? Who are you and what did you do to my precious Luhan?" I just stood there, speechless. "I'm just kidding. You're the best son ever." He said pulling me into a tight hug.

I've never seen my dad this happy before. I don't want to ruin it. So, I just went with it. I forced a laugh and said "It's still me dad. But if you don't like my decision I can take it back." Not getting the double meaning of what I said, he just smiled and said "You really accept?" I looked away nervously. "Y-yeah, I guess."

I'm happy to see my dad overjoyed with my choice. I've never seen him like this anymore. Last time he was this happy was like 11 years ago. I want him like this all the time. He may act childish sometimes but I know deep inside he's missing mom and has been having a hard time.

He smiled at me and continued "Luhan, you'll meet your first possible fiancée at the end of the month and your second possible fiancée the week after. By this weekend I want you to get rid of those out of style clothes and buy new ones, okay? And just to be sure, Baekhyun is coming with you." I nodded.

After our conversation ended, I went up to my room and threw myself on my bed. I was unbelievably tired, mainly because of what happened today.

I took a quick shower and changed into my sleeping clothes. I worked for a good three hours for the company presentation. After that I pulled the covers over me and plugged my earphones on my iPod. Welcome to my life by simple plan came bursting to my ears.