Chapter 31

Michael's POV

The loud cries of my sister crackled through my phone and into my ear. I wanted to cry just hearing her breaking apart like that. When we pulled up to the edge of the park, the car had barely came to a stop before I hopped out and ran over the grass.

"I'm here. I'm here." I whispered softly into the phone.

I knew what bench she'd be on, right under the big oak tree. I had found her there many, many times.

Sure enough there was a crying girl sitting there with her face covered by her hands and some luggage on the side of her. I ran over, tossing my phone to the side and wrapping my arms around my little sister.

"She tried to kill me, Michael, she wanted to kill me."

I held Lily tight to my chest with her head leaning on my shoulder as she shook uncontrollably and her tears stained my shirt. I whispered softly to try and calm her and rubbed her back promising her everything would be okay.

But it was hard, she wanted my mum so bad. She just wanted her to care for her like a mum should. But, sadly, Lily never got that and that was all she truly ever wanted. And I couldn't explain the regret I had coursing through me for leaving her all those years for the band. It was so selfish, I should've been there to keep her from mum all those years. Then she would've realized sooner that getting attached wasn't a good idea.

"Michael don't leave me, please don't ever leave me." Lily cried out, cries of pain and hurt. She was so broken and I couldn't do anything but hold her and tell her that I'd never leave her.

The crying died down after a little while and she still shook in my arms, head on my shoulder as she let out shaky breathes and I continued to rub circles on her back.

"So is she really dying, Mikey?"

I sighed, moving some hair away from her face. "I'm sorry Lily."

She inhaled deeply, hugging me tighter.

***

After a long time of sitting in silence, we stood up and decided to go to the car where the boy's had patiently waited.

We were still a little bit away from the car, but it had finally came into sight and Lily let go of my hand for the first time and started running for the car. When she finally reached it she jumped into a welcoming embrace from the guys.

"We love you, Lil." Calum spoke.

Lily started crying again, but this time it wasn't a cry of pain. It was happy tears because she was surrounded by people who truly loved her and it radiated.

We climbed into the car, going to the airport so we could head home immediately.

The car ride was long, but the plane ride was even longer. Lily stayed completely silent the whole time, but eventually took a nap. Once we were halfway back, she laid her hand on top of my arm lightly shaking me until I opened my tired eyes.

"Hmm?"

"Sorry," She whispered, "I just-never mind go to sleep."

***

We arrived back home around 1 o'clock in the afternoon, all jet lagged and tired. Ashton drove us back home, where we all settled down in the living room.

"I think I'm going to head up to my room," Lily mumbled softly.

I shook my head, reaching out and grabbing her arm. "I think it might be better if you're not alone right now, just stay down here for a little while."