The Past

Stefan's P.O.V.

"So, what's the thing you have to talk to me about," Kai asked drinking from his glass.

"Well, we want to know exactly what you want," I asked staring at something on the floor.
"Do you have siblings," Kai started, "oh wait stupid question," he said looking at me and Damon. He began talking about his coven and twins or something along the lines of magic, but my focus was on the sparkly thing on the floor. I bent to pick it up and realized that it was an earring.
"Are you listening," Kai asked annoyed, and I hid it behind my back in a rush.
"Yes, of course."
"You better be, because I'm explaining my evil villian back story, and it's very important." He continued to talk and I examined the earring closer.
It was Katherine's. I had given it to her.

*******
"Where are we going," she asked as I wound us through the trees.
"Looking for this clearing I found the other day."

"Won't Damon be wondering where we are," she asked curiously.
I spun around and stared deeply into her eyes. Her cheeks tinted with pink and she looked away slightly, but I turned her face to look at mine and I lightly kissed her on the lips. As quickly as I broke away, she was leaning in for a deeper kiss.
I broke away slightly breathless and stared at our surroundings. "We're almost there," I whispered and ran through the trees until
a sunlit clearing came into view.
"Oh," Katherine said gasping,"it's beautiful."

"Just like you," I said quietly.
Before she could answer I had pulled out a satin box and handed it to her.
"What's the occasion," she asked as she began to open it.

"I just wanted to give you a gift."
She opened it and pulled out the ruby earrings.
"These must of cost a fortune," she exclaimed as she examined them further.
"It's no big deal," I said as I gently put the earrings into her ear.

"I love you, you know that right," she said looking up at me. I smiled slightly cupped her chip, making her look directly into my eyes.
"I know," I said as she lightly placed a kiss on my lips.
******
"Stefan," Damon said almost yelling into my ears. "Get out of dream land."
I looked around and realized that everyone was looking at me.
"What's goings on," I asked hazily.
"We're leaving."
I followed Klaus and Damon out off the door and once we exited earshot, Damon spun around at me.

"What was that about?"
I felt the earring in my fist, slowly pushing against my skin. I opened my hand and revealed the earring. Klaus looked downright bored, but Damon's eyes lit up in understanding.
"Katherines," he stated and when I nodded, continued, "where did you find that."

"By the couch."

"So either Katherines been there, or Kai has a really good taste in jewelry and bought the earrings that he saw Katherine wearing," Klaus said finally getting the point.

"That's impossible, I bought them from a jeweler that only made one copy, there couldn't be two copies."

"You gave them to her..she wore them all the time," Damon said, then added,"I guess we know which brother she preffered."
Then added, "Elena's going to be crushed."

"Why don't we just not tell her," I asked kicking a rock on the ground,"we talk to Katherine first and see what she has to say."
"Deal."

"So, what did you guys and Kai talk about anyway," I asked as the three of us climbed into Damon's car.
"We made a deal, to stay out of each others buisness, but if Katherine is working with him,that deal might have to be broken."

*****
We were sitting on the grass. Katherine's skirts were piled around her, she was reading a book.
"I always loved books," she said catching me staring.
"They're like a gateway into other worlds. Worlds filled with monsters -vampires, werewolfs, witches- it's all so magical."

"Vampires," I said scoffing silently,"what's so intresting about them."

Her eyes glittered mischievously,"they seem so evil, but they're just misunderstood." She slid closer to where I was sitting, "what's your opinion on them?"

"My brother probably thinks they are dumb," Damon said coming out from nowhere,"but I think that they are beautiful creatures."

Katherine looked happy at the comment, but she still looked at me expectantly.

"I think that they are not as evil as everyone thinks, at least not all of them, some of them might even be better than regular humans."
At this Katherine grinned widely and Damon trudged off, unhappily.

****
"Katherine," I said turning the brunette around to face me. Damon and Klaus had left to hang out with Elena and Caroline, so I was stuck figuring out the Katherine problem.

"Yes," she asked sweetly, yet not fully looking at me.

"I found this," I said holding out the earring.

"Oh, I was looking for this," she said nervously grabbing the earring,"where did you find it."

"Outside," I said lying. "You've kept it this whole time?"

"Of course," she said smiling shyly," I could never get rid of it.

Then somehow, when I had come here to interrogate her, I found her lips on mine. I should of pulled away, but all of my worries slowly slipped away.

She pulled back," I'm sorry, that was stupid."
"You could never do something stupid," I whispered as I kissed her again.
Katherine Pierce was going to destroy me.
----------------------
Hey guys!!!! So, we have a little romance, going on between Stefan and Katherine. Very exciting, but Katherine might be back on the bad side. Who will she choose?
-Serena