"How much will it take?"

Chapter 31
Kennedy's POV:

"Bye babe i hope you feel better." Jason smiled as he kissed my forehead and hugged me.

"Bye, thanks..." I let go and started walking away.

"I love you?" Jason sounded upset.

I turned around, "i love you too." I smiled.

"Good." He grinned and got in his car and left.

I walked up the driveway to my house with a lot on my mind. I keep going back to what Nikolai said about my father and he knows who really killed her, and that is wasn't a car accident. If he was implying that my dad killed my mom, he was one insane scientist. There's no way, my mother and father loved each other unconditionally.

I got my key out of my back and put it in the lock, opening the door and walking in. Jason and i had went to see a movie and ate dinner. I kicked my shoes off and picked them up and started walking up the stairs. Tiff was going to meet me here later with a few pregnancy tests to take. My nerves are all over the place. I remembered that Jason wanted to tell me something before that girl Rachel barged in.

I hesitated on texting him about it, then i decided not to all together. It probably wasn't anything bad.

I walked down the hall and my father was in his study doing something for work i guess.

"Hey dad."

"Hey sweetheart, how was your day." He looked up from his computer.

"It was good, we went to see a movie and ate some dinner. Hung out with his boys too."

"So know you think you're some kind of badass? Hanging with gangs and shit?"

"What? Dad no. They are fun to hang out with and they DID save my life remember."

"Yeah whatever. Tell him that i want to meet with him tomorrow to discuss something."

"Discuss what?"

"That's between me and him now continue about your day." He looked back down at his computer and i groaned and continued walking to my room.

I through my shoes on the floor and stripped my clothes off, ready for a hot shower.

Before i could get in my bathroom, Tiff called.

I picked up the phone, "hey Tiff."

"I'm outside should i just walk in?" She giggled.

"Yeah. I told my dad you were coming. Just don't let him see what you have, he's in his study."

"Okay. Ill be in soon." She hung up.

I through on a tee shirt and a pair of Jason's boxers that he left here. Even though a lot of his stuff his still here.

I heard my front door open and a few seconds later Tiff walked in.

"Hey girl, how are you?"

"A nervous wreck... What if i am?! What do i tell Jason... He's not going to want this!" I teared up.

"Hey, relax relax.... It's going to be fine, just take them and see what they say okay come on."

We both went in the bathroom and i took all three and sat them on the counter. I pulled my boxers back up and flushed the toilet and then sat on top of it.

Tiff was looking at me i could feel it but i didn't want to look at her.

"I can't look at them Tiff."

"I'll look."

They beeped about a minute or two later. I looked at her and she looked at the tests.

I watched as her body froze and my heart stopped. She looked at me and didn't say anything and i broke down in tears. She hugged me as tight as she could and kept telling me it would be okay.

"No it won't! Even if he does want the baby he's going to be locked up for the first 3 years of its life!"

"I know i know.... We'll figure it out Kennedy i promise. You don't have to tell him yet, wait until you're ready."

I nodded and threw the tests away.

*NEXT DAY*

Danger's POV:

I pulled up to Kennedy's because her dad wanted to meet with me for some reason. I knocked on the door and he answered.

"You wanted to see me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes follow me."

We walked upstairs into his office i'm guessing and as we walked in, Tiff walked out of Kennedy's room and saw me, then quickly walked back in. I shrugged it off and sat in a chair.

"So what's this about old man."

"Your payment."

My eyes got wide because i completely forgot about it.

"Oh... Right."

"Our deal was, you come in and protect my daughter until she doesn't need it, and then i give you the 5 million and you leave. You don't stick around."

"So what are you saying."

"If you want to get paid, you have to leave my daughter."

"With all due respect sir that is not gonna fucking happen."

"Do you want the 5 million or not kid?"

"If it means i break her heart no! She means more to me than money."

"How much will it take for you to stay the hell away from her? 10? 50?"

I clenched my fists, "you want to get rid of me you're going to have to try a lot harder than that."

"You don't want me to do that kid believe me. I've done the same things as you."

"Is that so?" I glared at him.

"Yeah, so now the deal has changed. Leave my daughter, or else."

"Or else what grandpa?"

"I'll kill you."

"I'd like to see you try without Kennedy knowing what happened."

Richard smirked, "Trust me, it's easy to make something look like an accident."