Chapter 1

Y/n POV

I imagined meeting my soulmate and feelings butterflies in my stomach and fireworks going off when our eyes connect. But that's no where near what happened when I met my soulmate. I really didn't expect my soulmate to be the one and only--

Previously

"Dinah Jane Hansen! Please stop talking in class." Mr. Jacobs said sternly. I rolled my eyes and looked at my best friend Rosalina. "Rose I honestly hate her. I hate how she acts like the world revolves around her. Like seriously just because her parents are rich she thinks she can do or get whatever she wants." I said while groaning really loud and that caused the teacher to look at us. I smiled sheepishly and Rose had to bite down on her lip to stop herself from laughing.

"Ms. Y/l/n can you answer the question  I just asked Ms. Hansen?" Mr. Jacobs asked. I rubbed the back of my neck "um what was the question again?" I asked. "What did the green light represent in the great gatsby?" He asked. "It was an illusion that represented his hope and love for Daisy and he hoped Daisy would come to one of his parties. Oh and he only had parties because he wanted to try and get Daisy to come to one of them." I said almost all in one breath. "Good job Ms. Y/l/n and I'd like to talk to you and Ms. Hansen after class is over." He said and continued to teach. I groaned and buried my face in my hands. I know I'm not in trouble and I know he doesn't want to talk about my grades because I have 100's in all of my classes. So I'll just have to wait until class is finished.

I pulled up my sleeve because my arm started tingling and normally that means your soulmate is drawing or writing in their arm. It said "I want to meet you someday." I freaked out. If they met me they wouldn't like me. Because I don't like talking to new people and when I do try to talk I end up stuttering and yeah it ends badly. I wrote back as quickly as I could. "No way in hell am I meeting you." And then I pulled my sleeve back down. I heard someone sigh angrily. I looked and saw Dinah glaring at her arm. I wonder what her soulmate said that pissed her off so bad. I internally laughed and high fives whoever her soulmate was. I guess I didn't laugh on the inside because I started laughing and Dinah glared at me.

I immediately looked at the ground and tried to stop laughing. I guess Rose witnessed what happened to because I heard her giggling. I turned and glared at her. "Wow how did you piss Queen bee off that much?" She whispered while laughing. "I didn't do anything. I saw her glaring at her arm and I started laughing because obviously her soulmate pissed he off with whatever they wrote." I whispered and giggled. Obviously I can't be quiet because Dinah glared at me and then flipped me off. But if we're being honest Dinah and I hated each other since we were in elementary school. And it all happened when the one and only--

Elementary School age five

Y/N POV

"Dinah Jane give me back my cookie. My mom made that for me last night!" I screamed at her. "Um no I'm hungry and I want this cookie. So I'm going to eat it." Dinah said while sticking her tongue out at me. I started crying and tried getting my cookie back. I guess that caught the teachers attention because she started walking over towards us. "What happened and why is Y/n crying?" The teacher asked. "She took my only cookie and my mom made it for me last night and said won't give it back." I said while crying.

"Dinah give her the cookie back now." The teacher said sternly. Dinah hugged angrily "fine here!" She said and threw it at me. "Okay that's it. Dinah I'm calling your parents and telling them you were bad today." The teacher said and walked to her desk and picked the phone up to call Dinah's parents. Dinah turned to look at me "I hate you and I promise you I'm going to hate you forever meanie." She said. "Well you shouldn't have took my cookie." I said. "Well I wanted a cookie. You're just a mean person who doesn't like sharing and I bet your soulmate is a mean person too. You're both meanie you meanie." Dinah whispered yelled and then stuck her tongue out at me again.

I got mad because she shouldn't talk about my soulmate. I don't even know who they are and it just made me really angry. So I got up and slapped her. "Don't talk about my soulmate. You don't even know who they are. How would you like it if I said bad stuff about your soulmate meanie? Because if she's anything like you. I bet everyone would hate her. Because you're stupid so that makes her stupid too." I whispered yelled. She got up and pushed me. "Don't say that about my soulmate. You jerk." She yelled at me.

"I can do whatever I want. You said bad things about my soulmate first. So how does it feel meanie." I yelled at her. She pushed me again and the teacher ran over and stopped our fight. "Okay both of you are going home right now. I'm calling your parents again Dinah and y/n I'm calling your parents too." She said sternly and then brought us to the front of the room and then called the office to have someone get us and bring us to the office. I swear I hate--

Present
"Dinah and Y/n please come here. I need to talk to you guys about something." Mr. Jacobs said. I sighed and walked up to the front of the class. Everyone left already and is heading home since it's the end of the day and all. Dinah walked up and sat right next to me. "As you two know both of you are the smartest kids in this grade and well in the grade in general. So that's why I'm partnering you two up for the project I assigned the class today." Mr. Jacobs said. Mine and Dinah's jaws dropped. "No way am I working with her. I hate her." I said angrily. "Well good because I don't want to work with you either. I hate you and I have since kindergarten." Dinah yelled. "Well it doesn't matter." He said

Y/n Y/l/n and Dinah Jane Hansen. You two are now partners." He said and then walked back to his desk. I looked at Dinah angrily and left to walk home because I missed my bus. I swear I honestly hate Dinah Jane Hansen!