chapter 6

The next couple of weeks were spent in an easy pattern. Killian went to class and went to work, spending time with Emma when he could. He'd take his books over to her place and study while she read on the couch beside him. He'd been surprised to find that she loved reading horror (she had an ultimate Stephen King collection), but was very okay with it when she'd read something creepy and snuggle up next to him.

Though they were more and more comfortable with each other, Killian knew they were leading up to the next step. He'd wanted to make a move so many times, but he always chickened out. He didn't want her to think he thought she was easy...because he knew better. But how could he make a move after only two and a half weeks and not disrespect her?

"I'm telling you, dude, two weeks is long enough to wait," Graham told him, lying down on Robin's bed.

"Graham!" Robin said from his computer desk. "Don't get anything gross on my bed."

"Yeah, yeah," Graham told him. "Tell him, Robin. Tell him two weeks is long enough to wait."

Robin sighed and rolled himself back from his desk, turning his desk chair to face the beds and the men in them. "This is 2016, Killian. People have sex after the first five minutes."

Killian shook his head. "I don't want this to be some tawdry affair. It feels so...real. I don't want to mess anything up."

"She's a stripper, for crying out loud," Graham said.

"Don't," Killian told him, the word full of anger. "Don't ever say that again."

Graham, realizing his mistake, shrugged. "Sorry."

"Emma is a stripper, yes," Killian said. "That doesn't make her cheap."

"I'll refrain from making the joke you just walked into because I don't want to see your head explode," Robin told him. "Back to the point; I agree with Graham. Two weeks is long enough."

"I told you," Graham said. "You're bumming me out, man."

"I wouldn't even know how to make a move," Killian said, closing his eyes. "Do you just move on from kissing or do you talk about it or do you just get naked?"

"Don't just get naked," Robin said.

"Yeah, you don't want to run her off," Graham agreed. Killian hit him in the side with a book. "Ow! Graham cried, rubbing the spot the book hit. "That hurt!"

"It was supposed to," Killian told him.

"Seriously, though, you don't want to just get naked," Robin said again. "You have to set the mood."

"By kissing?" Killian asked again.

"You've had sex before," Graham said. He looked over at Killian. "You have had sex before, right?"

"Of course I've had sex," Killian said, sighing and staring at the ceiling. "But those girls...not to be rude, but those girls didn't really matter."

"Rude," Graham said.

"Shut up," Killian said, laughing.

"Sex is still sex," Robin said. "You can romance it up all you want, but that would probably just make you more nervous. You need to just let it happen."

"How?"

Robin sighed. "When you're making out, isn't there always a point that if you don't stop it's going to end up in sex?"

Killian thought about it. "Yeah, I guess."

"Just don't stop," Robin said, shrugging. "Then, sex. The end."