The plan in action

Start from the beginning

  I furrowed my eyebrows at her, "how can I do it?" I asked.

   She sighed, "Damian and I have known this since we first saw you but we didn't want to scare you. Even before you were turned you weren't completely human."

   I raised my eyebrows, "what do you mean?" I asked quietly.

   "You're able to control the heat of objects with your mind, if you allow yourself to," she explained briefly to me.

   My eyes lit up with excitement, "seriously? How do I do it?" I asked another question.

   She smiled at my enthusiasm, "use your mind. Just concentrate, think about what you want to do with it and it will happen," she told me with another smile.

   I nodded, "alright, shall I try to melt them or something?"

   She nodded her reply and I took a few deep breaths. I stared down at the chains and then to Carries face. She looked worried, as if she didn't trust me. I gave her a reassuring smile and turned my attention back to the chains. I stared at them and thought about them melting. Nothing happened.

   Victoria stared up at me, "try to hurry," she said adding to the pressure.

   I nodded and thought about the chains melting once again. Still nothing happened.

   I groaned, "for fuck sake," I mumbled to myself. I was getting frustrated but that was helping. The more angry I got the hotter the chains began. I saw the metal begin to slowly melt until it was nothing more. I smiled proudly to myself and watched as Victoria lifted Carrie off the ground, she was still hugging her but not as tightly.

    Victoria smiled, "well done, now come on we need to hide before they get here," she said and ushered us beside the door so that when it opened the men wouldn't be able to see us. It being dark in here also helped.

We waited in an anxious silence and five minutes later the door opened and we could see the back of Derek's body.

He stared into the empty room, "where is she," he gritted out. I saw James and Damian walk into the room and they gave me a quick nod. In a flash, Victoria, Carrie and I were out the door, slamming it shut behind us. We heard a grunt and smashing from inside the room.

Victoria smirked, "let the games begin," she said but her smirk vanished when she saw Spencer coming towards us.

Spencer knitted his eyebrows together, "what's she doing out of her room?" He pointed to Carrie and sped up his walking.

Victoria's lips lifted into another smirk, "burn him," she whispered to me.

  I spun to face her, "what? I can't melt  a person!" I half whispered half shouted. Melting him would be like... like murder.

   Victoria frowned slightly, "no, just burn him a little," she informed me. I nodded and turned to Spencer who was now right in front of us.

   He looked at the door behind us, "who's in there?" He asked slowly, his eyes narrowing.

   We chose to ignore him and I used my power to raise his body heat. I was beginning to find it easier to do and soon enough he was passed out on the floor.

   I turned to smiled at Victoria and Carrie, "well, alls well that ends well," I recited the saying and began walking down the hallway by myself when I heard a deep half groan, half scream. James' deep half groan, half scream. I turned and ran towards the door, I opened it just in time to see Damian ripping out Derek's liver. I gagged silently.

    Carries timid voice came from behind me, "James!" She screamed and ran over to him. I looked towards him to see a knife protruding from his chest. I let out a shrill scream and ran to his side.

   Carrie was sobbing beside him, "James... He stabbed you!"

   He laughed weakly, "I know that," he winced as he moved slightly.

   I began crying too, "what are we going to do?"

   "Nothing," he said bluntly.

   He's going to die! What does he mean 'nothing'.

   I furrowed my eyebrows, "James, you'll die if we don't do anything!" I cried. Then I heard sirens. I turned and noticed we had all heard them because we were all staring down the corridor. The sirens came closer and I heard someone knock on the door of the building.

   "It's the police! Open up!" A deep, rough voice shouted from the front door.

   James tried to sit up but collapsed back down, "get out of here," he tried to shoo us off but I couldn't leave him.

    "No, I won't leave you here!" I told him. He was everything to me and I couldn't throw him away now.

   Victoria placed her hand on my shoulder, "we really should go, Lily," she said in a surprisingly calm tone.

  I pulled away from her, "no! I can't leave him," I began crying again.

   The front door came crashing down and I heard people running through the building.

   James placed a hand on my lap, "just go, I'll be fine," he told me with a sad smile.

   I stood up and the others ran out of the room, "I love you James," I bit my tongue and began sprinting out of the room.

   "I love you too, babe!" He shouted weakly. I stopped running and looked back at the room, the tingling feeling in my stomach came back and I smiled stupidly to myself. Someone roughly grabbed my arms and sent me tumbling to the ground.

   They landed on top of me, "stay down!" They shouted right in my ear and I watched as three more officers ran into the room James was dying in and Derek's dead body was lying in.

   I squirmed underneath him, "you need to help my husband!" I shouted at the officers. They took no notice of me and I watched one of them call for the paramedics on his radio.

   I dropped my head to the floor and stopped struggling. What had my life become? Everything that I thought was making my life better was just making it worse.

   I lifted my head back up, "you're going to kill my baby," I said flatly.

  The officer loosened, "sorry?"

   "I'm pregnant, get off me," I said through gritted teeth.