2. The Forfeit

Albus's cheeks turned a bright scarlet to match his Griffindor pyjamas and gave Gellert the warning stare. They had promised not to tell anyone........

*Flashback*

July 18 1905Godrics Hallow

How it had rained that summer, the streets were flooded with access water sliding from the roofs of houses, sheds and cars.
But one car in particular caught Albus's eye, it had pulled up right outside Bathilda Bagshot's dilapidated house and out had stepped her great nephew, Gellert Grindelwald.

His bags were floating behind him with quite an impressive levitation charm and the dark look in his eye made him extremely interesting.

Albus's mother told him to stay away from Gellert, the 'bad boy' his father called him, but Albus couldn't help it.
That night he had snuck in through Bathilda's back window into the bedroom of the sleeping Gellert and watched him as he rolled around in his bed, muttering things about 'pumpkin juice' and 'Babbity Rabbity'.

His sandy blonde hair fell in his face, and Albus couldn't resist the sudden urge to lean in and kiss him.
As he was closing the gap between his lips and the sleeping boy's, Gellert's eyes opened. "Hey!" He shouted, "sleeping here," "Oh I'm so sorry!" Albus stuttered "I couldn't help it," then after a pause, "please don't tell my parents." Gellert grinned at him "I don't mind if you find me unbearably and completely attractive," and with that he leaned in and kissed Albus. Please don't tell anyone, Albus had asked him and Gellert had promised.

*End of flashback*

So much for the promise, Albus thought. An eerie quiet had settled amongst the dormers. 'Well?' inquired Gellert, impatiently. 'Is there a forfeit?'Albus asked meekly. Gellert gave an exasperated sigh but reluctantly answered 'Fine'.

'But that's not fair' Elphias had piped up after being quiet for so long, watching the pair bickering between themselves. Aberforth had dozed off during the debate and now his gentle snores filled the again quiet dorm.

'Life isn't fair, Elphias, go back to sleep and when you wake up in the real world, and find that your broom is stolen or you need to pay the bank before they send their dragon over and burn down your house come and find me but until then stay out of my way.' And with that Gellert turned around and started rummaging in his unpacked and very messy trunk.

'What are you looking for?' Elphias asked but shut up quickly after he saw the glare Gellert had given him.
'This' he said and turned around to face the two boys. In his hand dangled the iconic Time Turner, with it's gold facing and chain, so delicate yet so powerful.

'How did you get one?'Albus asked in awe. But his question was dismissed with a few tuts from Gellert. 'Now children, the best forfeit ever seen by man or wizard alike!' He announced grandly. 'Drum roll please', Albus and Elphias both stomped their feet on the ground. 'To see your future!'

___________________________________

Don't forget to click the star and vote!

Or tell us what you think in the comments  :)

FanFictionFrenzie