Chapter 15

---

Rose's p.o.v.

---

"There is no other place that I would rather be, than right here with you tonight. As we lay on the ground, you put your arms around me. And we can stay here tonight. Cause there's so much that I wanna say, I wanna say." I sung, writing the words down in my song book.

Cheesy, I know.

But I like writing.

I wrote "Stole My Heart" at the top and shut the notebook.

I plopped down on my bed and turned the t.v. on to Mtv.

I zoned out, watching Music videos, until my doorbell rang.

My parents weren't home, so I tip-toed down the stairs. I walked to the front door and peeked through the peep hole.

There was obviously someone out there, but I couldn't see the person clearly.

It was too dark.

Being an idiot, if I do say so myself, I opened the door about an inch.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Rose..." a deep voice said.

Of course...

Marcel.

"Marcel, I don't want t-"

"Rose.. we need to talk. I need to make things right." his voice quivered.

"I'm sorry... But I don't want to talk to you." I choked out.

"Rose.. please. Let's... Let me take you out on a date. Let's start all over..." he spoke quietly, "please."

"I..." I didn't know what to say.

I didn't know how to say no.

Did I even want to say no?

"We never really had a proper relationship, right?" he laughed sadly, "It was just sexual... nothing special. I... I really want to start all over. I want to make it special this time. Please... Just think of it as our first date. Let's pretend nothing happened. Let's pretend we've just met. Please." he whispered, sounding like he was in pain.

Maybe he was.

I was.

When my brother died...

I was in pain.

And sometimes, I still am.

It's hard to explain...

My heart ached.

I felt weak.

Physically and mentally.

I was hurting.

And he was too.

My mind battled with itself.

Should I just take a chance?

Or should I never talk to him again, take him out of my life completely?

I stayed silent for awhile, my eyes glued to the floor, thinking.

I chose the stupid option.

I was going to take a chance.

----------

----------

I sat silently in his car, Rolling In The Deep playing in The background.

We were silent for the whole fifteen minute drive.