Chapter 55

A/N: Hey you guys! :)

For all of you Skye-Carter fans, iEmzy101 is in the midst of writing a short story on Skye and Carter. It's a sort of one-shot. It's pretty cool! So go check that out!

The story is called: "He's my Healer" and you can find it on her profile! 

xx

---------- Chapter 55 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               “Skye, where did Haden disappear off to?” mum asks suddenly.

I stop teasing Connor and look up, slightly surprised Haden isn’t around. He was here just a little while ago, wasn’t he?

               “I don’t know,” I admit getting up to go peek outside in the corridors.

To my astonishment, a guard stands outside the door to the room we are in.

               “My lady,” he greets, the moment he sees me.

               “Skye,” I correct him before fixing a polite smile on my face. “Have you seen Haden?”

               “His highness left almost an hour ago, my lady,” the guard answers.

An hour ago?!

I walk back into the room, chewing on my bottom lip. Had I really ignored him for so long?

               “What’s wrong sis?” Connor asks weakly.

               “Apparently Haden left about an hour ago. I wonder what’s up,” I say, sitting back down on the chair.

               “Are you going to go look for him?” dad asks, sitting on the edge of Connor’s bed, patting his leg.

               “Nah. I want to be with you guys,” I murmur, smiling at Con.

               “You can go see him,” Connor says gently.

               “No. I want to be here with you,” I insist.

               “You look troubled, honey. And if we’re being honest, so did he. Besides, it was kind of him to help Connor out. You should go to him,” mum encourages.

I smile and nod my head, getting up.

               “Say thanks for me,” Connor croaks.

I nod my head and head to the corridor. “Umm, hey...” I say to the guard hoping he’d tell me his name.

               “How may I help you, my lady?” he asks politely.

               “Well, you could start by calling me Skye,” I joke. The guard doesn’t seem the least bit amused by this and I have a feeling he’s going to call me ‘my lady’ anyway. “Alright...umm, you could help me by telling me where Had- His Majesty is.”

               “His Majesty or His Highness, my lady?”

Crap! Which one is Haden again?

               “His...His...Haden,” I sigh.

I notice the guards lip twitch slightly, but he controls it well. I suppose guards aren’t supposed to laugh at others. Geez, this place is pretty stuffy!

               “His Highness is in the stables, my lady,” he answers patiently. He predicts my next question and beats me to it. “The stables are at the bottommost floor, my lady. I could take you there if you please,” he offers.