Chapter 24- Movies are nothing like real life

"Anna?" A soft voice is the first thing that I hear. I start to try and open my eyes but everything is too bright and blurry. "Anna, you need to get up!"

"God?" I ask. I hear snickering and all of the sudden, my face is drenched in freezing cold water. I sat up, gasping for air. The first thing I see is Jason holding a, now empty, bucket. A smirk played on his lips and I glared at him.

"ANNA!" My mother's shrill voice caught my attention. I looked up to her. She was holding my ball pants, blue and grey jersey, and blue socks. My eyes widened in realization.

We have a game today.

I shot up from my sitting position and snatched the clothes from my mother's hands. I kept running to the direction of the bathroom, not stopping even when my mom was filling me in on whats happening.

"Sweetie, not to be annoying or anything but you have a game in 30 minutes. It takes ten minutes to get there. HURRY UP!" I rolled my eyes at her, thank goodness she was behind a closed door, she would have been angry.

I whipped my shirt over my head in 2 seconds flat when I panicked. "SPORTS BRA!" Right after the words left my mouth, I could hear moms feet tapping across the tiles, most likely to find one.

Realizing that will probably take a while, I started taking off my shorts and began putting on socks and my pants.

Suddenly the door swung open revealing my mom. I screeched, I hate when people walk in on me. "Oh be quiet," she scolded. "I'm your mother, I gave birth to you, changed your little diapers, tucked you in at night.." She rambled on and knowing she wasn't going anywhere with this, I hushed her.

"MOM! Focus! Give me the bra and pack the car!" I ordered and she face palmed herself. "Oopsies!" and with that she was gone. I shut the door and quickly put on the rest of my outfit. I burst through the door, through the kitchen, dining room, and living room. I swung the front door open to see my cleats on the porch, where I left them. I picked them up and jumped the porch steps and ran to our Suburban, where my mom and Jackson were waiting.

I hopped in and my mom pulled out before I had even shut the door. "Where's dad and Riley?" I asked, panting. "They are already there." I let out a huff. My coach is so going to kill me for this.

"You know, we wouldn't even be late is SOMEONE didn't make me pass out." I said sending Jason a pointed look through the rear view mirror. He rolled his eyes, "How is it my fault? I'm not even the one who shoved it in your face."

I looked to my mom, who wasn't even paying attention to our conversation. He sort of had a point but I wasn't going to let him win. "Well maybe if you weren't such a freak and kept the disgusting shirt, it wouldn't have happened." I spat back, smirk playing across my face.

He obviously couldn't think of a comeback so he simply started imitating me in a high pitched voice that was so not mine. I snorted, "I'm sorry, are we in 3rd grade?" He made an ugly face when his face lit up, "At least I don't get arrested for singing and playing on hay bales!"

"That's it!" I screeched before attempting to lunge at him, which may I say is really hard when your buckled up and in the front seat. I began to slap his legs, seeing me palm marks show red on his legs. Sadly he fought back.

He took a fistful of my hair, yanking it causing me to yelp in pain. By that time, my mom had enough. "IF YOU TWO DON'T STOP RIGHT NOW, I WILL RESTRICT YOU FOR A MONTH." She screeched.

Jason and I immediately got in the proper position for riding in the car. I put my hair back in a neat pony tail as we pulled into the ballpark entrance. I sighed, happy to be here. Other then the bridge this is my favorite place to be.

My mom pulled in front of field 5, where I saw blue and grey. I shot out of the car and got my things out of the back. She pulled away when the trunk slammed shut, out to find a parking place.

I hustled to the dugout where my team mates looked panicked. My coach glared daggers as he stormed up. You were supposed to be here an hour ago! You missed stretches, warm ups, and I had to warm Rose for you." I could only give him an apologetic shrug.

He ran his large hands down his face. Suddenly the umps told us we were fielding first and to get on the field.

"Well get your gear on!" Coach commanded and I took no time ripping my bag open, putting my leg guards on first. My fingers were shaking, the importance of this game finally sinking in. If we don't win, we can't go to champs, which is where the UGA scouts are waiting.

Finally clicking in the final snap for my leg guards, I put on my chest plate. I took a deep breath and got my glove and helmet and made my way out of the dugout.

Feeling some sort of foreign confidence, I strutted out of the doorway, helmet under my left arm and holding the glove in that hand. I flipped my pony tail with my right hand, trying to make it seem like one of those really cool movie scenes.

You know the one when they find courage or whatever and walk in slow Mo, and making everyone's jaws drop. Usually this would happen in sports movies when they would get injured but come back and save the day. Or in movies with the popular girls, who 'own the school' and all the guys drool over them. Yeah, I was trying to look like that. But that doesn't exactly happen in real life.

Instead of being a boss like intended, my leg gear clips got caught together and caused me to fall right on my face.

There is a HUGE difference between the movies and real life.

Chapter status - Unedited