Every one clapped then I stepped down to sit next to Yoongi.

He held my hand and I slightly smiled at him then looked back towards the coffin.

I can't believe this...

He's really gone now...

"Is it true? Is he really dead?"

?

Someone bursted through the doors but I immediately recognized the voice.

I stood up and looked.

"Mom?"

She went to hug me. "Oh honey please say it's not true"

I felt this bitterness within me, she wasn't there during his trials and she comes now?

I pulled away from her. "What are you doing here? You weren't invited"

I glared at her.

"I'm your mother and I was his wife!"

"You were his wife. Lucille is his rightful wife not you"

She slapped me and the guests gasped, mumbling things to each other.

I slapped her back.

"How dare you show up! You never loved him! All you ever cared about was his money! You weren't there for him before so why are you here?!" I yelled. "You were a good for nothing wife and you're a good for nothing mother! You didn't raise me HE did! You weren't there for any of us! How dare you come in here acting all sad! You're not sad! You know why you're here? Because you wanna see if he left you anything!"

I felt Yoongi grab my arm but I pulled away.

She slapped me harder.

"Don't talk to me like that! I'm still your mother!"

I spat in her face.

"Fuck you! You aren't shit! If it wasn't for father you'd be in the streets! You're a whore! Get the fuck out! LEAVE!" I screamed and pushed her towards the door.

Lucille grabbed my wrist. "Marie honey...it's okay"

I looked at her. "No, it's not okay! She ruined everything! He went through hell because of her! He-"

"Honey, he's at peace now. Just let her pay her respects" she said in a calm voice.

"Tch, respect? She doesn't even have self respect" I said as I looked at my mother.

I pulled away from her and walked out.

I took a deep breath.

Shit...

"Marie, are you okay?" Yoongi asked.

"No...I don't understand why she showed up. She's so fake. I used to think she was good and I loved her but as time passed all that faded. Even if my dad was hardly ever home, he loved me and always took care of me. He's gone now...I have no one. I've got no mom and no dad, I feel alone. I mean Lucille has changed and she's been like my mother but she isn't..."

"Marie, maybe your mom's just trying to be there for you. You know like...making up for lost time." He said as he lifted my chin up.

"You don't understand..." I looked at him. "You've always had your parents around."

He let out a soft sigh.

"Just give her a chance. I don't understand, you're right but maybe she's trying. Even if she's made all these mistakes maybe now she's gonna try to redeem herself. At least give her the benefit of the doubt babe..."