Chapter 21- Diana

I hated this. All the useless sitting and waiting was turning my brain to mush! Damian had disappeared soon after Fabian, Merline, and Liana left, something about a walk. Being alone with Ash made me uneasy and left me feeling cornered and helpless which in my opinion are the two worst feelings in the world. Ash was an unknown variable and thus I couldn't fully trust him. He radiates this power that Greyson seemed to be oblivious to. I was sitting on the back porch nursing a bottle of ale when as the sun started to set. I was severely considering running off into the woods to hide in the trees like I used to do when I was little. I was just about to bounce when Greyson walked out onto the porch holding a bottle of beer and a book. Huh, I hadn't thought him the type to read. I bent my neck at an awkward angle so I could read the title. Vanishing Throne, it had been my favorite fae tale when I was younger. Fabian and I would beg my mom to read it to us every night. "You're into fae tales?" I asked jerking my head in the direction of then book indicating my evidence. "Of course princess I do need some hobbies" Greyson shot a smirk my way when he said princess knowing that it got my blood boiling. "You mean other than being an obnoxious prat?" I questioned with feigned innocence. Calmly Greyson laid the book down on the floor and walked up to me carefully his face was suddenly inches from mine. "That sounds like a challenge princess" I could feel his breathe against my face and his breath smelled of sweet wine. I was barely able to keep my self from shivering. No, bad Diana I will not stand to be enticed by such fowl fools as Greyson. "Do you except?" I ask as my hand wandered down to the hilt of my sword. "I'd never refuse you princess, but no weapons I'd hate to cut you up" he smirked removing his sword and sheathe from his belt. "I am disarmed and must ask you to do the same" he said motioning to my sword. I was shocked that he only had a single sword on him. "You are fully disarmed? No secret knives or anything hidden on you?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "Of course not Knights fight honorably with all weapons visible" Greyson said lifting his head proudly. "Well give me a moment to disarm myself, I fear I am not near as honorable as you, fair knight" I stated sarcastically as I took off my sword. I pulled up my skirt to remove four blades from each leg and then move to take two from the bottoms of my boots. I reached up to remove the second sword I kept on my back. "Is that all" Greyson asked starting with wide eyes at my collection of knives. "Nope" I said as I removed my skirt to reveal the training pant I always leave on under it and roved the pouches of poisons and antidotes strapped to my hips. "I must ask you to turn around now" I said knowing this next bit would be awkward to explain. Greyson cocked his head and asked "why?". "Well you see I keep a blade between my breasts incase someone tries to fully disarm me" I say trying to keep the blood from rising to my cheeks. Greyson who had turned red as a strawberry turned around. "I don't get it if you already have fae magic why rely so much on weapons?". "Fae magic can be doused easily enough with iron, that's why all my blade are made of silver, I learned that the hard way when I was younger and it is not a lesson I wish to be retaught" I said memories of being trapped in an iron cage screaming for mom to save me flooded my mind as I removed my last blade. "You can turn around" I said as I placed the sheathed dagger by the rest of my blades. I could see all the questions swirling in his head. "Alright out with it what do you want to know?" I said plopped down on the warm grass. "What did you mean you learned it the hard way?" Greyson asked, eyes alight with curiosity. "When I was younger Fabian and I would go and wander off into the village and one day we came across a fae trader from one of the northern kingdoms. He was transporting two fae children and Fabian and I quickly freed them with the key that we stole from the sleeping coach man. Sadly while we were unlocking the fae kids' hand cuffs the coach man woke up we told them to run and when they did we went to face the coach man. We both relied on our magic but the man pulled out a staff and knocked us off our feet and hand cuffed us throwing us into the cage saying we'd make him better money down south anyways. We couldn't do anything so we cried out for mom and caused so much ruckus that he was about come back there and knock us out when Merline showed up.  She had followed us out to village that day curious about what we do in the village and we were lucky she did because she saved our necks. That was the first time Mer took over fully though and I've never seen anything like it she was seven and she threw the coach man five feet back and when he came at her her magic showed itself. The man was pounded with water, fire, high pressure wind, and pulsing shadows all while the earth held him in place for her. After she'd beaten him to a pulp she burned her hand print onto his arm and slashed her claws through it and said 'if you ever touch another fae child again I will tear you limb from limb. Do not doubt that I will watch you from the shadows I know all'". "That's insane how could she have been that strong as a child?" Greyson asked. "She always said that the ghosts taught her" I said with a shrug. "That's fascinating but now I'm itching to fight" he said with a malicious smirk. "Your on my honorable knight" I said with a bite of sarcasm in my voice. So we stood up and wrestled nearly the rest of the day until I found myself utterly lost in the movements of battle.