Natalie stopped abruptly and fake wiped a tear away. I stopped too. Rick smiled and put an arm around Natalie. It's weird . . . I really felt like kicking him.

*Fantasy of Aaron*

*Kicks Rick, Rick somehow passes out*

"Aaron, you're so brave! You're the best!" Natalie praises/gushes.

*Aaron smiles triumphantly and puts fists on waist in that "hero" pose* *Natalie runs up to hug him, squealing* *Aaron kisses Natalie and carries her off into the sunset*

*End of Fantasy*

"Aaron?" Nat's enchanting voice called out. "Gee, zoned out, much?" Nat's musical laugh rang in my ears.

"Uhh. Yeah. Sure. Whatever," I answered back absently.

"Yeah. Like I said, can I take Natalie? I know that you're in a quandary with the whole 'shopping' dilemma. I just want a proper chance to explain, rekindle our romance," Rick asked with wiggling eyebrows.

Maybe I should kick him.

"Please, Aaron? I'll totally repay you later! Have you heard of Endless Nights?" Nat asked innocently, looking as if she was holding in a laugh.

"Uhhh, no . . ." I answered. Rick and I looked at her questioningly. "Fine. You can go. You're just going to have to work extra late tomorrow to buy that present."

"OK, cool. Thanks! Hey, babe, I'll meet you in the car," she told Rick with a smile. Rick nodded and left the lobby. "I'm surprised you don't know about that . . . adult movie. Maybe you can give THAT to Hayley. She'll be 'just there' too so you can sleep with her. Bye," Nat smiled happily before turning around to leave.

I will never see the end to this. Wait, how does she even know about that adult movie?

**********

"Hey baby!!" Hayley greeted, elongating the 'y' on the end.

Hayley trotted over on her platform, hot pink heels. She placed her thin, dainty arms around my neck. Hayley started to kiss my neck.

Yeah, of course, I was turned on, what guy wouldn't be, it was just really annoying. Did she HAVE to do all these possessive, "passionate" things in front of Natalie, at work? It's like she wanted to rub it in her face that she was going out with me . . . not that Natalie would actually care.

"Can you lay off a bit? I'm at work, Hayles," I asked her as politely as I could.

"Oh, ok of course! My man's got to work hard to bring home the bacon!" She squealed out loud.

I looked over at Natalie rolling her eyes. I mouthed out 'help me' and gave Hayley a fake smile. I heard Natalie give her tinkling laugh outside, I SO made her laugh. Damn I'm funny.

Natalie stood up from her chair and walked over to my doorway. She leaned sexily on the wall, showing off her flawless legs and crossing them over. Hayley gave a disgusted grunt and shot an annoyed face in Hayley's direction.

"Aaron, you have a call. It's important, so if you don't mind, Hayley - ?" She said. Damn, my girl - I mean, my assistant, is smart!

Hayley crossed her arms and death stared Nat as she left to go back to her seat. She smiled my way and left. I sighed in relief. It's weird, I wanted Hayley for so long then I wanted Nat. Now I have Hayley, but I still want Nat. People's minds work in mysterious ways.

****************

"Hey, Aaron! Over here!" Rick beckoned.

Why was it that I had drinks with my opponent in winning over Nat? Yeah, ok, he was - is - my best friend but he's also the girl I love's boyfriend. It's unfair, he's clearly at advantage. Rick's phone started to ring and he excused himself. I looked around absently and wondered if I should order something expensive or whatever. It was on Rick's tab and he's loaded.

I pushed myself up from the chair to go to the men's bathroom. When I entered I heard Rick's hushed voice speaking into the phone. I shouldn't eavesdrop. But I want to. And I already am.

". . . Jane, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to England. I'll be there in a week. It's just . . . I wasn't able to break up with my girlfriend. . . I know, I should tell her but she's too innocent. . . Yup, I'll see you then. I love you," Rick whispered.

I heard his phone flip shut and I started to panic. I looked around frantically. I started walking in the direction of the door when Rick bumped into me.

"Sorry, man. Oh, hey. Aaron? What are you doing here?" He asked me. Stupid question. It's the bathroom!

"Dude, I'm just going to use the bathroom?" I told him as if it were obvious.

"Yeah, of course. Why are heading to the door? The toilets are BEHIND the door?" Again, obvious but true.

"I knew that," I gulped. "I'll see you there."

Rick nodded in that 'guy' way and headed out. "I love you"? "Too innocent"? Pfft, Natalie is ANYTHING but innocent, I know that. So, was he going to break up with Natalie? Poor her, she's already dealt with a cheating boyfriend. I'll doubt she'd ever be able to trust men again after he tells her.

And that would totally suck.

For me.

***********

Hey!

Hoped you like that one. Sorry for the fantasy scene if that left you WTF-ing. I've just been reading tonnes of manga lately so pictures over words, that's why I explained them in actions. Yeah, well I hoped you liked it, please comment, vote, fan, whatever. Goshy, school is going SLOOOOWWW. Every day feels like a week and I have 2 - 3 weeks to go!

--.

Anyhoos . . .

Ana