Chapter One: The Beginning

Long ago, two races ruled over Earth:
Humans and Monsters.
One day, war broke out between the two
races. After a long battle the Humans
were victorious. They sealed the Monsters
underground with a magic spell. Many years later...

         MT. EBOTT 201X 

Legend says that those who climb the mountain
never return. But Chara thought she could prove
them wrong.

Chara's POV

I started to climb the mountain to prove all of those Humans wrong! I hated all of the Humans in my village because they never cared for me. They made fun of me, pushed me around until now... "I'VE HAD ENOUGH!" I shouted as I reached the top of the "impossible Monster mountain." I saw my parents..well their bodies laying on the ground from me, Chara. I killed them. I laughed at the sight of the village surrounding their bodies in horror while they didn't care about what I was doing! Of course...I found the large hole that led to the Monster world, the underground. I looked down into the hole... AND FELL! I screamed in horror and fell flat on my face.
Then everything went black.

Asriel's POV

I heard it, and so did my parents, their names are Toriel and Asgore, the King and Queen of the underground! We heard a shrill scream coming from the giant hole that led to the Human world. "Mom! Dad! I think I heard a Human fall down, I think it's a girl!" I shouted to my parents from my bedroom. I dropped my crayons and ran out into the living room where my parents were sitting, reading a book about snails...yuck! "Asriel, do you want to check it out?" My mom and dad asked. "Yay! I hope they like us..." I thought, happy to maybe finally have a brother or sister to play with while my parents are gone. I ran out the door, holding my parents hands as we walked towards the huge "portal" to the Human world. Then I saw her..a girl wearing a green striped shirt. Her brown hair fell around her head as she lay limp on the ground.

"Hey, you've fallen down haven't you? What's your name? Chara.. That's a nice name. My name is Asriel." I smiled at the now awake Human. She didn't seem to be rude or mean to anyone so I held out my hand and said "Come on, you can live with us now...This is your home now." Chara smiled at me, looked up at my parents and hugged their legs like I always do. I giggled and hugged them as well, we shared a nice family hug and then when we let go, I started picking flowers..The nice yellow flowers that smelled really nice. I had a bunch in my hands and Chara had picked some too. She stuffed her face in them and sneezed, it was a funny sneeze actually. It sounded like a kitten giggling! I laughed and said to my parents "Chara's the best! She's gonna love the underground right momma?" My mom smiled and looked down at Chara, who was still smelling the pretty yellow flowers she had picked.

Chara's POV

I saw that the mom (whose name was apparently Toriel) looking at me and smiling. I mailed back and said "I love you momma!" And then I hugged her leg again, just to make her happy. The dad (whose name was Asgore) laughed and ruffled up my hair which was already a mess from falling. "I love you too daddy!" I smiled up at him and he smiled a bright white smile. I really loved this family... I thought happily. I know I sounded really scary at first when I looked down at my old village but really...I'm not that bad! Then it all happened so suddenly, I started crying and my new family all held me close to them and they patted my back and smoothed my hair down. I couldn't control all my emotions like this anymore, I've held back my tears for so long until now...I just broke down and couldn't hold it any longer.

I knew this family loved me, unlike my old family who were Humans! Yet three goat Monsters loved me so dearly and I only just met them! I felt happy around them all of a sudden, I went from my crazy killing spree hold back all emotions self... To happy, normal, and fun Chara. My new family loves me no matter what right? Please tell me I'll never be left in the dust by this family who's so nice and friendly to anyone...please...I stopped crying and smiled at my goat family and praised them with my love and affection because I knew now that I was no longer regular old Chara... I was Chara Dreemurr.