Chapter-1 Unexpected news.

📣📣🚨🚨🚨Please read the end note🚨🚨🚨📣📣

Veronica's POV...

Have you ever seen the sunset..like really seen it? The Sun appears to kiss the Earth....but it never really does so. My life is just like it. For outsider my life seems to be marvelous though it is anything but marvelous.

I am Veronica Finlet, daughter of Joffrey Finlet , CEO of Finlet co. Being a daughter of a very intimidating person one would guess me to inherit his intimidating character but alas I'm rather shy in public.

I'm not much of a talker and use to hide myself in contentment of books. Library has always been a place of tranquility for me. Being a daughter of rich man will always make you target of others and being kind of nerd won't really make your situation any better.

I was always bullied till the day I met Selena Montex, my best friend. She was my hero back in school. It's as if just yesterday when I first met her. As always I was bullied that day and pushed to the ground by group of mean girls- I know cliché but yes I too had been victimized by a group of mean girls. They were making fun of me as I quietly picked up my books. After having their fill for that day, they turned to walk their way when someone pushed their leader down. She stood up quickly and raised her hand to beat her. But she shrieked with pain when the new girl bend her hand and warned her from pulling such stunt with anyone else. She didn't help me pick up my books though but she became my hero since then. Luckily for me she was the new girl who was transferred to my class. So at first she actually ignored me. I was the shy one but hey she was my hero so I actually followed her like a lost puppy till she finally agreed to be my friend and since then we were bff.

From sharing secrets to being together for each other through our dark times, She was always there protecting me like a sister. She is now following the footsteps of her mother and is now blossoming in glitter world.

I have completed my study and currently work at Finlet.Co. our company deals with production of textiles and has its share here and there in different fields. Our biggest rival Covet .co. is becoming a challenge. They are interfering in every other deals we have our eyes on.

Last week Magnus Covet , CEO of Covet.co. had visited dads office. I was curious about the visit but could not voice my curiosity to dad.
The whole week dad seem to be more quieter than before. It was until yesterday when I finally got to know what was going on with him.

I knocked on the door. "Come in." I went inside and took a seat on the couch already hating the atmosphere in the room.

"Veronica what I'm about to say will not abate my love for you. Our company can no longer compete with Covets'. Few days ago Mr. Covet came to my office with a proposition. A proposition of partnership that will benefit both parties but had a condition..." he looked at me as if asking for my permission to continue.

"..A condition to marry my daughter with his son. I thought a lot about it and gave my answer. I'm sorry to do this to you sweety but you need to understand I got no choice. Please forgive me."

*~*~*~*

Well that brings me to my current situation. I'm watching sunset from the rooftop like I always do when I feel down. I know how much this company means to dad and I also know how much I mean to dad. It's the kind of dilemma where none of the choice he makes will make him feel any better.

He has done a lot for me... now it's my turn to pay back. I will accept it even...even if it means end of my happiness. At least I will bring happiness in the life of people I love.
I looked down at the file.