Chapter 15 - Exposed

Start from the beginning

"I know you'd laugh if I told you that my life might have been as hard as yours."

"Everyone goes through rough times." I told him. "Although to be honest, I don't think many would measure up to mine." I added a small chuckle to it.

"I suppose so." He said. "But my mum was the only real family I had. My dad and her split when I was little. My dad's never really been part of my life until she died. You know how it's extremely difficult to make money in this town. My mum and I went through a lot of shit to find cash while my dad did the same thing on his own. He succeeded in it when he met Richard but my mum lagged because she grew sick. But I got money, much more than I needed, in exchange for the only person who's ever meant anything to me."

"Oh... I- wasn't expecting that." I muttered in response. I really didn't expect that. I'd thought that Harry had everything handed to him on a silver platter ever since he was born.

"Well, yeah. People don't really know about that. Most of my friends don't. They wouldn't understand anyway." He shrugged his shoulders as his eyes darted to mine.

I looked away, interlocking my hands behind my back when he slid off the bed and began to walk to me. Our shared gaze had lasted longer than it should've and it had seemingly drawn him to me. I peered up when he stood infront of me, closer than he should be.

Goosebumps rose on the surface of my cold skin as our eyes locked once again. This time I couldn't look away. There was something captivating about Harry, although I couldn't quite figure out what it was. I swallowed hard when his forehead touched mine, he was warmer than I was. Our close proximity caused his scent to fill my senses and it seemed to be cleansing my fears and doubts away.

The butterflies in my stomach were wreaking havoc. I shouldn't feel this way about him. I couldn't. His strikingly green eyes carefully studied every feature on my face but they were especially focused on my lips.

"Thalia, I think I want to kiss you." He murmured and my heart threatened to jump out of my chest. "Can I?" He breathed, his lips ghosting over my cheek.

Yes, yes, yes. It was on the tip of my tongue. My heart was out of control. Stop, Lia. Stop, I told myself. But my thriving desire was taking over.

Harry seemed amused, as my inner conflict probably showed. Then he decided to take matters into his own hands. He dipped his head down and pressed his lips against mine, not bothering what my answer was anymore. A massive shudder passed through me as my lips melted against his.

Harry's nose brushed against mine as he exhaled quiet groans. I felt hands on my back tugging me closer to him. He shifted down to the curve of my back, feeling it carefully. Everything he was doing to me elevated me to a level of excitement I never knew existed. He'd kissed me once before but what I felt then couldn't compare to what I was feeling now.

My hands were pressed against Harry's chest, as I didn't know where else to place them. He led me through the extraordinary experience whilst I enjoyed the pleasure that the unfamiliar actions brought. It felt very wrong, but it also felt so right.

Before I knew it, Harry had gotten me to the foot of the bed. My pulse raced and my breathing almost ceased when he gently laid me down on the quilt, our kiss never breaking. That was when reality sank in. Was I going to go through with this?

"Think of the pain your family would have to endure." Richard's voice sounded in my head.

Harry hovered over me. He was so into our kiss that he didn't bother to take a break for a little breather eventhough he was seemingly struggling for air.

My eyes shot open when I sensed a short-lived absence of his lips on mine. Harry had popped open a few of the buttons on his plaid shirt, which revealed a few of his tattoos. My heart pounded against my ribcage.

I caught a few glimpses of his tattoos. Some of them were scary, and the whole situation suddenly terrified me. I wasn't ready for this. I definitely wasn't ready. There was no way I was going through with this.

But the price I'd have to pay was even more terrifying. I felt tears begin to form in my eyes as Harry's fingers went through my hair. I felt a sharp pain when he got to my neck, and I winced as tears slid out. He instantly pulled away. My tears had wetted his cheek, it gleamed in the candle light.

"Why are you crying?" Harry watched me in confusion before his eyes trailed down to my neck. His features became questioning as he moved strands of my hair away to get a better look. I knew he'd seen the bruise Richard had left on me when his eyebrows narrowed. "Lia, what's-" He lifted me to sit.

Harry's discovery caused me to cry harder as I sat up on the bed. "I-I fell." I informed him in between sobs.

"That's a lie, Lia. Nobody gets nail marks from falling down." He concluded. "Who did this to you?"

"No one. No one did this-"

"Who did this to you?" His tone was firmer now.

I pursed my lips in an attempt to control my tears.

"Lia," He softened his voice as he held my arms. "Was it my dad? Richard? One of his henchmen? Is that why you were doing this with me?"

I bit my bottom lip, refusing to answer him as my breathing spasms became apparent.

"You didn't fall and hit your head either. They did this to you." Harry assumed. There was a flash of sympathy in his eyes.

My silence was the only confirmation he needed. He brought my head to his chest before wrapping his arms around me, securing me. "H-He said something terrible would be done to my family. And me." I blurted as I rested in Harry's embrace.

"Who? Who said this to you?" He demanded.

I gulped. "Richard."

"What a bastard." He cursed. "I'm doing something about this."

"No!" I told him. "Then he'll definitely hurt my family. Please don't say anything."

Harry heaved a sigh. "I need to know how this got to them. How the hell would they know that I wasn't sleeping with you?"

Mrs Briffen
. But it wasn't her fault. They forced it out of her. "I don't know." I muttered.

"Stay here." Harry ordered, stroking my hair before he got off the bed. I was left confused when he buttoned up his shirt and left the room, disappearing into the darkness.