•Chapter 12•

Jason watched Sara get dressed, he silently admired her baby bump. A smile made its way onto his face at the thought of her having his child. He climbed to his feet and wrapped his arms around her.

Sara smiled as he kissed her softly on the cheek.

"I love you." He whispered, nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck.

Sara turned around and kissed him on the lips.

"I know you do, and I love you."

They stayed like that until there was a knock on their door. Sara frowned, she let go of Jason and walked over to the door.

When she opened it, she immediately glared at the person. Ryan rolled his eyes at her.

"I need to speak with Jason." He stated.

"No." Sara growled before slamming the door in his face.

"I'm not leaving until I can talk to him."

Jason released a breath, "Sara, honey, why don't you go finish your hair."

Sara wanted to argue, but she sighed in defeat and walked into their bathroom. Jason released a breath before swinging their door open.

When his eyes connected with Ryan's, he refused to look down. Ryan ignored the challenge though and folded his arms across his chest.

"Why?" He asked.

"Why what?" Jason frowned.

"Why did you kill my dad? He was the only parent I had left."

Jason sighed, "He wanted me to get Iris so he could have sex with her. He didn't even care that she was thirteen! He would have raped her. I couldn't do that to my sister."

Ryan's eyes were wide with shock, "No, he wouldn't have said that. You're lying!"

"I'm not lying, Ryan."

"My dad wasn't a sick bastard. Not like that."

"You can stay in denial all you want. I wouldn't have killed him for anything else." Jason snapped.

Ryan clenched his jaw before punching Jason in the face. He was breathing fast, obvious anger shined in his eyes.

Jason didn't fall though, he continued staring at Ryan. He has made the decision a few nights ago. He couldn't be weak anymore, his mate was pregnant and he had to be there for her. Which meant, he had to handle this Summit pack situation.

Ryan narrowed his eyes, "He still didn't deserve death."

"Face it, alpha, he would have been killed anyone. I would have reported him." Jason growled.

Ryan laughed, "And why would the council believe a skin-walker? They still hate you. Even after you've proved your love for that dog in there."

Sara stormed out of the bathroom and slapped Ryan across the face. He had a stunned look on his face as Sara glared at him.

"Why don't you be an asshole somewhere else?" She snarled.

Before Ryan could answer, she slammed the door in his face and folded her arms across her chest.

"I hate him." She grumbled.

Jason sighed and wrapped his arms around her, "I know."