Chapter 4

Caspar and his group are standing around people watching. He notices Zoe and Louise entering the courtyard and calls Caspar's attention to Zoe. The girls pass by, noticing Caspar. "Looking good, ladies." His friend snorted "They're outta reach, even for you." "No one's out of reach for me." "You wanna put money on that?" "Money I've got. This I'm going to do for fun." Across the courtyard, Phil and Pj have been watching Zoe and Phil notices Caspar's admiration. 'Who's that guy?" Phil asks nodding towards Caspar. "That my friend is Caspar Lee. He's a jerkoff. And a model." "He's a model?" Phil asks in disbelief. "A model. Mostly regional stuff. But he's rumored to have a Calvin Klein ad coming out." "Really?" "Really." Phil turns back to watching Zoe. "Man, look at her." Pj looks unimpressed "Is she always so... into herself?" "How can you say that? She's totally..." "Conceited?" "What are you talking about? There's more to her than you think. I mean, look... look at the way she smiles. And look at her eyes, man. She's totally pure. I mean, you're missing what's there." "No, Phil. No. What's there is a snotty little Princess wearing a strategically planned sundress to make guys like us realize we can never touch her, and guys like, uh..." He looks around and notices Caspar making his way toward the girls "...Caspar, realize they want to. She, my friend, is what we'll spend the rest of our lives not having. Put her in the Lost Box. Move on." "No." "Move on." "No! You're wrong about her. I mean not about wearing a sundress to make guys want her, but the rest. You're wrong." "Alright. I'm wrong? You wanna take a shot? Be my guest. She's actually looking for a French tutor." "Are you serious? That's perfect!" Pj raises an eyebrow "Do you speak French?" "Well no. But I will!"

     Later, in the school parking lot you and your best friend (B/F/N) in her best beautiful and attired in quasi-Renaissance clothes--walking towards your car. Caspar pulls up beside you two in his red sports car. Caspar snickers at your camouflage top "Hey. Your little Rambo look is out, Kat. Didn't you read last month's Cosmo?" You ignore him "Run along." You and (B/F/N) continued walking. Further along, Zoe and Louise are walking, embroiled in meaningful conversation. "I know you can be overwhelmed. You can be underwhelmed. But can you ever just be whelmed?" Louise asks in a questioning tone. "I think you can in Europe." Caspar pulls up alongside them. "Hi ladies. Would you sweet young things like a ride?" They look at each other and immediately hop in, climbing into the back seat. "Careful on the leather." Across the lot, you and (B/F/N) watch this display from inside your jeep. "That's a charming new development." (B/F/N) says in a sarcastic tone. "It's disgusting." Meanwhile, Pj has mounted an old motorcycle equipped with a plastic dork basket on the handles. He gets a bit out of control and kills the engine in front of your car. Pissed off, you shout out the window. "Remove head from sphincter, then drive!" Pj regains control and pulls out of the way to where Phil has been watching. "You all right?" He asks. "Yeah, yeah. Just a minor encounter with the shrew. Your girlfriend's sister." "What? That's Zoe's sister?" "Mmm hmm. The mewling, repulsive wretch herself. Stay cool, bro." He jets off once again, risks another near collision, and ends up flying right off the road and sliding halfway down a grassy hill. Recovering his composure, he realizes half the school is watching from the top of the hill. He raises his hands in the air and gives a victory yell, drawing cheers from the crowd.