Chapter Ten: Fangs of Remorse

Chapter Ten: Fangs of Remorse

It wasn’t really that late when Hugh and I got back to the Academy, it seems like it’s nearly nine thirty. I’ve stopped shaking when Hugh drove me in his black Holden car; however I was still scared if any vampires will pop out anywhere. I didn’t go straight to my dorm once we both got back, I headed straight to the first aid room. 

“All finish.” I said after wrapping my wrist with a weight crepe bandage. “I’ll be patrolling tonight.” I claimed. 

I looked up and Melissa stared at me anxiously. “Don’t look at me like that.” I begged. 

She inhaled. “Well it’s kind of late, Tiffany, and yet you’re still patrolling?” she said standing by the door with her arms crossed. 

I chuckled. “What’re you talking about, I only got this job today, so it’s literally my first time patrolling at night.” I said. 

“Yeah but… you came back wounded though.” She moaned. 

I smiled. “Don’t worry about me, Melissa, this is only… a scratch.” I lied. 

She yawned. “You look really tired, so you better head back to your dorm.” I insisted while I got up and walked towards her. 

She stretched her body and arms. “You’re probably right.” She said. 

“Yes.” I said in a low tone. 

“Mrs. Briggs made my class do such hard work today in P.E, because of -” 

I didn’t interrupt, I just finished her sentence. “Sophie and, Lucy?” 

She nodded. “Yeap. Trouble makers.” She said while walking down the corridor. 

I chuckled while leaning my left shoulder by the door with my arms crossed staring at her as she walks continually. 

I looked down staring at my bandage with blood rapidly appearing. “Just a scratch, huh?” I said unhappily.  

I headed to the Guardian Academy, hopefully I wont bump into Hugh or anyone but just Edward, because I need to talk to him about what happened early on today. 

I got to Edward’s front door, standing there thinking if I knock will her answer. Anyway, after waiting and standing there for nearly five minutes, I finally decided to knock. 

“Edward, I’m coming in.” I said after having no answer. 

The room was dark, cold and empty once I widely opened the door. ‘I wonder if he was in here earlier?’ I thought while looking around. 

I closed the door and turned around while I looked at my wrist again. ‘That boy… was a vampire.’ I said while looking up. 

I quickly looked over to my left after seeing a glimpse of how that vampire looked at me when his faced changed so fast. I sighed walking down the corridor, heading downstairs. 

‘Hugh saved my life, my mind was filled with revelation, it was so distracted I forgot to thank him.’ I thought. 

I kind of jumped after seeing a glimpse of that little boy, staring at me with those eyes that’s hungry for my blood. 

I just stood there for a while thinking, after a few seconds I turned around and left the room. When I got at the end of the corridor, I stopped by the stairs on the second floor. I didn’t stop because that little boy’s face can’t get out of my head, but it’s because I finally found Edward, standing there in front of a big tall rectangle window. I stood there staring at him with his back turned to me, wondering how I couldn’t find him anywhere until now.