Then go. She says. 

I turn away from the mirror and climb into bed. I was going to sleep all day and in the morning I was going to feel much better. Today was not the day. 

**** 

"Emily?" I hear the knocking on my door. 

"Yes?" I hum my reply as I sit up in bed. It was Miles. 

"I can't open the door," he says and the door handle rattles a little. 

"I'm getting ready," I quickly say and I hear him mumble an okay. 

"I'll wait for you outside, alright?" He says behind the door. 

"Miles, you should go downstairs. I'll be taking a long time. I need to look perfect," I say to him. He doesn't reply as he stands outside. 

Are you okay? He mindlink me. 

Yes. I'm Oli's sister and it'll be my first time meeting everyone. I should look perfect. I answer him. 

Okay. He hesitates outside the door but then walks away. 

I stare at the clock opposite my bed. It was eight in the evening. Everyone would be here by now. 

Dad had told me in the morning what would happen at the acceptance party. Oli would be called onto the stage and he would accept the Heir title. The pack would shift at exactly half eight and they would run around the territory once. That was all that would happen and then people would just party and meet each other after a long time. They would leave then. 

Get up. Ava suddenly says in my mind. 

What? I ask, confused. 

Get up. Go outside. Now. 

I frown as I climb off the bed and switch the lights on. I quickly pull the dress on and push my feet into the black flat shoes. I walk towards the mirror with my makeup on it. I pick it up and head towards the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I apply the red lipstick and brush out my hair quickly. 

Quick quick quick Ava groans in my mind and I look at myself in the mirror. 

Smile. I tell myself and the mirror image smiles at me. 

I walk out of the room, hearing the music playing outside. 

"Come on! I came for you!" Eliza waves from the stairs. I smile as she urges me to walk faster. 

"You look beautiful by the way," She grins as I follow her to the backyard. I smile at her as she opens the door and all I see are people laughing and talking with each other as they eat some food. 

"Who are all of these people?" I ask her as she holds my arm and pulls me closer to herself. I'm grateful as she leads me closer to the stage. 

He's here! Ava grins. 

"Alphas and Sires of different packs and clans. Jaxi is a hybrid so he invited both of them, but usually you only invite the Alphas," Eliza explains as Dad grins at me from above the stage. 

"Do you want to go up there?" She asks me as he starts talking to Oli. 

I shake my head and she nods standing beside me as Oli smiles at her. 

"I can stay with her," Miles walks towards me and smiles at Eliza. 

"You can go run with them," Amanda says to her and Eliza grins and winks at me as she runs towards the other wolves as they get ready to shift.