Chapter 7

It was Friday and the house was buzzing with excitement. My grandparents had arrived early in the morning. They had smiled at me as they hugged me. I was getting better with letting them touch me. Alphas and other Sires were arriving downstairs while I locked myself in my room. 

Mom had placed a black dress for me on the door, with my shoes below it and some jewellery. 

Today was different. I had seen Miles and he was smiling brightly as if he did not know what day it was today. 

It was Friday. The day I was locked in a room for every male to come and do whatever he wanted with me. I would- could not move as they happily used my body. The room would be dark and I would not be able to see but my mind would drift off to a happy place. To watch the sunsets on a cliff as the water moved below. 

I get up from my bed and walk towards the door. I lock it tightly, and walk to the window. Closing the curtain, I sigh as darkness fills the room, but the sun beams through the curtain a little.  

I pull off my skirt and top, leaving me in my bra and panties. I walk towards the long mirror my mom had put in my room. I see the scars on my body, scattered all over my stomach and back. My finger traces over then gently. 

"Cameron! I didn't steal anything!" I scream as I feel the whip against my back. 

"You fucking stole the knife! Do you think you can kill me with it?" 

"You're hurting me!" I cry as he throws me onto the floor. 

I look up at him, my back screaming in pain as tears fall down my face. 

"I will show you what I can do with a knife," he glares at me. 

He had cut up my skin, letting the blood flow through it. He knew I would heal but the marks did not heal as he rubbed iron and salt all over them. It slowed down the healing for any supernatural being. 

He would tell me to conceal the marks on my body because I was disgusting. I had been so angry at him that I had screamed at him to kill me. To end my life if he found me disgusting. He had laughed and told me he loved every part of my body but he did not want to see the broken parts. I had cried like a weakling as he had laughed. I was weak. 

It has nearly been a week since we ran away from the nightmare. I woke up in the morning and I did not feel anything. Emptiness filled my heart as I had stared out the window. I got dressed and went downstairs to see everyone laughing and teasing Oli about his big day. Miles was out with Amanda, dad had said when I had asked where he was. 

Mates had hundred percent attention,I could see that with everyone mated around the house. Uncle Kyle and Auntie Rachel were going to come back today to meet Miles. They had been visiting a pack to give out the invitation for the acceptance party. 

I had sat there with all of them, smiling and listening to what they said. I waited for Miles to come back but he did not. I wanted to ask how he was, if he was feeling the same emptiness inside of him that I was feeling. 

He did not come back and I had walked upstairs silently as others had started to arrive. 

I trace the scars with my fingers. 

I don't want to go to the party, I say to Ava as she listens. 

Then don't. Get back into bed, and let's ignore the world. She replies and I smile. 

They want me there. I answer her. 

What do you want? She asks me instead. 

I want to get back in bed, I smile at myself in the mirror and I hear her laugh.