7

Once I entered the house, I found my dad sitting on one of the kitchen stools, reading a piece of paper as he rubbed his temples then mumbled, "stupid teenagers."

Well, guess I wasn't going out today.

My stomach dropped to the floor as I slowly and quietly made my way towards the stairs but of course, your father being part of the FBI team, you couldn't really sneak to wherever you wanted to be.

"Darling, how was school today?" my dad asked as I closed my eyes and breathed in and out a couple times before plastering on a fake smile and turned towards him, facing his direction.

"It was...eventful," I muttered.

"That's great," my dad replied with a smile as it quickly dissolved. "I think."

"What are you reading?" I asked, taking big steps towards him as I peered over his shoulder broad shoulder.

"It's an investigation on this teen," my dad answered, putting down the paper and facing it the other way as if thinking I was trying to steal information out of him.

"Well about tonight..." I trailed on, my eyes darting everywhere as I could now tell that my dad's full attention was on me, his eyebrows narrowing in on me.

"Did you do something wrong?" my dad asked suspiciously.

I shook my head.

"Did Mr Walker do something wrong?" my dad questioned again, leaving me annoyed. "Did he murder someone?"

"Dad," I said sternly, arching an eyebrow at him as he sighed and place both of his hands up symbolizing that he gave up on guessing. "Xavier and I are going out tonight."

"Where?" my dad asked in just a millisecond which kind of scared me.

"I don't know," I answered with a shrug. "I promise it's nowhere shady."

My dad smiled at my comment and shook his head before placing both of his hands on my shoulders and looked deeply into my eyes. When I mean deeply, oh I mean deeply. I stared at him, bemused, as I watched him watch me.

"I trust you," he said after a couple of seconds of silence.

"I know," I replied with a smile, kissing his cheek.

"Don't do anything stupid," my dad responded with a frown. "I mean it. I lost you once, not losing you again."

I sent him a sad smile in his direction, imagining how it must've felt when you're trying to find your daughter for two years but finally gave up because you lost hope. I didn't ever want to put him through that ever again.

Even though it was my mom's fault.

"Yes sir," I saluted him which made him chuckle.

He shooed me away as I nodded at his command before taking two steps at a time on the stairs to reach my room, slamming the door behind me as I quickly ran into the bathroom and showered.

After the warm and long-needed shower, I had managed to get out after battling with myself whether or not I should leave the shower but in the end, I left anyway as I walked into my walk-in wardrobe, naked since no one else was inside my room. I closed the door and picked out a pair of leggings, a loose neon pink tee, and a black Nike jacket. I quickly looked down at my shoes, taking out a pair of combat boots before changing into my clothes I had picked out for the night.

My heart was hammering against its cage at the thought of hanging out with Xavier again. My cheeks were already getting warm and when I exited the walk-in wardrobe, I almost screamed at the sight of Xavier laying on my bed, as I quickly used one of my hands to slam my heart to keep the pounding down, his phone in his hands and scrolling through something that I did not see.