Alecia (@eleutheromanial)

Hey there,

I'm Alecia (eleutheromanial ), and the founder of Project-ED.

A little more than a year ago (March 16), I was finally let out of the hospital ward that I'd been at for a couple of months due to my Orthorexia.

A year later, on the very same day, I started this campaign.

~~~

I'm living in Amberley, New Zealand during my gap year, and trying to (mostly unsuccessfully) finally finish a novel, and (hopefully successfully) run this campaign.

My experience with Eating Disorders is limited to my Orthorexia and my cousin's Bulimia, though I'm also acquainted with some people from the ED ward with various types of Eating Disorders. However, I love doing research, so let me know if you have a question or would like to know something- I'll happily find out what I can.

My Orthorexia evolved from OCD, and made it so that I simply couldn't eat without reading at least 4 research articles about the food that was in front of me. I filled up seven, A4, 256-page notebooks with substances, ingredients, or just plain food groups that I couldn't consume. At some point, it got so bad that I had Panic Attacks just thinking about harmful chemicals, and went for almost a week eating solely (proven) nutritional supplements, herbal teas, and hot water. Once I was admitted to the hospital, I only grew worse, because the staff believed that the way to fix me was to stuff me full of artificial preservatives, which meant that I had an average of 6 or 7 Panic Attacks a day. Anyways, I slowly got better once I started living with my formerly Bulimic cousin, who helped me through a lot while I was recovering. I don't consider myself cured, but when someone asks, I tell them that I'm better.

I also have Borderline-Personality Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Attention Decifit Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, and...... a bunch of other things.

My time zone is UTC/GMT +12:00, but I'm on Wattpad pretty much anytime of the day (or night- if my Insomnia is acting up).

If anyone's interested, I identify as Genderfluid, Panromantic, and Asexual. Most of the time online, I just use she/her pronouns to make things easier for others.

I am (kind of) bilingual, as I speak English and Dutch. Even though my High School didn't offer Dutch as a language class, I managed to persuade the principal to allow me to earn credits while I learnt it online.

One more thing about me; for some reason, I always capitalize words WAAAAY TOO MUCH, or waaaay too little- I have never been able to find an acceptable middle ground.

I love talking to people! PM me anytime, especially if you have a question or comment about this campaign.

Alecia

6:09 PM, 11/04/16